Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Wildlife Management / Food Plots
Best Farm In The Deer Woods COMING SOON!! LOL >

Best Farm In The Deer Woods COMING SOON!! LOL

Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Best Farm In The Deer Woods COMING SOON!! LOL

Old 07-09-2012, 04:19 PM
Spike

Thanks everyone for the great input.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rowdyrooster
Thanks Tundra10
Old 07-10-2012, 10:54 PM
Spike

Farms in Missouri is good but the way you are talking it seems like you are thinking to build some house type structure and also you would like to produce some crop of your desired food item. That's nice, I think the same way in my last years of life.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:34 PM
Spike

It already has a house on it so I can watch my deer grow out the window lol
Old 07-18-2012, 03:43 AM
Spike

You mentioned clearing thorn trees. Are they Hawthorn/thornapple? We have thornapple overtaking an old pasture and the deer love hanging out there and eating the small fruits. Food and cover at the same time.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:15 PM
Spike

These are thorny locus farmer Jim. Ther not thick enough for cover and don't have any fruit. So they are pretty useless lol
Old 07-19-2012, 04:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've planted oats, turnips, Biologic, and many others. Out of everything, Imperial Whitetail Clover produced the best looking and most used plot. Also, I couldn't tell the difference between expensive and cheap oats. Oats are oats or at least seem to be to the deer.

Soil tests are a must.
Old 07-22-2012, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can also put out some salt and minerals as long as Your not located in one of the 3 designated Counties in Northern MO. where they found CWD in!

I usually put out a 50 lb salt block then put out some minerals to help with Antler Growth....the best thing I've used is the Arm & Hammer Salt Lick.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was wrong...there are 6 Counties on Northern Missouri in the CWD Containment Zone with new regulations in our 2012 Fall Deer and Turkey Hunting and Regulation Book.

Adair,Chariton,Linn,Macon,Randoplh and Sullivan Counties now comprise a CWD Containment Zone.Special regulations and voluntary guidelines apply in these Counties.See page #3 in our new 2012 Regulation Book/Magazine which is available free at most Stores.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:51 PM
Spike

With that much land in missouri I would be excited too.Without a doubt moniter your land every day,keep your expectations and live up to them, your gone be busy in the next year or so.