Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

food lot photos, the boys are back

Old 07-05-2012, 05:08 AM
Spike

Default food lot photos, the boys are back

i set a camera in the edge of this 3/4 acre alafalfa food plot, where we had broad cast some sunflower seeds and pumpkins in a small strip along the edge

the swunflowers where fairly thick and about a foot high one day and the next they where graised to the ground,

so we stuck iout the little moultrie camera secured to a steel post we drove in the ground,
great photos from a $139.00 dollar camera

food plot was sown last fall, buffalo alfalfa with oats, the deer kept it mowed like a lawn throughout the winter, we had taken the hay and oats off mid june, so they are coming to the tender regrowth

so if you have a alfalfa plot "which we have 4 more on this place" you need to clip it even if you dont want to hay it, this will caused the alfalfa to respurt and send up tender new growth

its really dry here this summer and the deer like the crops need some rain but i am hoping these old boys continue to add girth and height througout the rest of the growing season, and will fatten up on the corn when it comes in

Last edited by ky wonder; 07-05-2012 at 05:58 AM.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like you got a nice crop of bucks, nice pics.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:39 AM
Typical Buck

very nice..looks good.