Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Small food plot

Old 06-02-2012, 04:55 PM
Fork Horn

White clover will almost grow anywhere. If that doesn't work winter wheat planted a week before the season starts will do.
For that size of a plot just till to expose the soil then broadcast seed by hand or spreader.
You can try and fix it later if it doesn't work.
You can walk around the property and see if there's a healthy growth of clover already growing there somewhere.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:47 PM
Spike

More updates on HuntingEastCoast.com. This weekend should be a good great for getting a lot accomplished. We have had a lot of rain in VA and the underbrush has grown up like crazy. I had to spray a non selective herbicide just to get any further into the woods; and I plan to do it again this weekend after seeing how great it worked. The bucks are starting to get there antlers which is very exciting!!!