Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Deer bedding areas

Old 04-03-2012, 09:53 AM
Spike

Default Deer bedding areas

Everyone talks about creating food plots to attract deer to their property, but who creates bedding areas to keep deer on their property? Check out this week's episode of The Huntin' Grounds on creating bedding areas. Also, a couple of bucks were harvested in this video!

http://youtu.be/gi4tHiWi9-Q
Old 04-03-2012, 10:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great video! I make bedding areas on every property we hunt, we use it as a sanctuary where we ONLY step foot in it if we are tracking a deer and only hunt it on the right winds to where it wont affect them coming into the food plots from this sanctuary. I use hinge cuts on trees to keep the trees alive to make the most thick nasty bedding as possible
Old 04-03-2012, 11:22 AM
Spike

Thanks! There are tons of videos on our YouTube channel on how to manage your land.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:06 PM
Spike

Default Re Deer bedding

Good bedding is one of the most important and overlooked parts of a management program. Good beeding close to your plots are needed if you dont have it close by. Screening cover,Thermal cover and good beeding cover.Does need this for fawning areas and a good mix of native warm season grasses will work great.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nothing beats what Mother Nature provides. One of our places was burned by a wildfire in late 2005. About 20 acres has been transformed into a serious thicket: Its the only thicket for miles around. Deer, turkey and hogs love the place.

By thallub at 2012-04-08
Old 04-21-2012, 10:00 AM
Spike

First post here , so hello . I like using Imperial Power Plant around my plot for temp. cover. It works very well.
Old 04-22-2012, 01:28 PM
Fork Horn

wow that actually works?? that dosent make much sense lo,l but if it works sometimes deer make no sense!