Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

qdm restrictions coming

Old 08-23-2003, 06:18 AM

Default RE: qdm restrictions coming

about 50-60% of c.c., not have it around 75.
Very correct vt.

For maximum harvest numbers - maintaining a midpoint of >50% but <60% is optimum.

Increasing numbers sure doesnt mean increasing quality.

What will some of the QDM practices, if implemented, be?
How will these QDM management ideas affect you and the herd in which you manage/hunt?
Old 08-23-2003, 06:29 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: qdm restrictions coming

farm, you listed 2 reasons that make you wonder why the dept. wants t o try it, we have relatively low deer numbers and hunters. they keep cutting back on doe permits, so we must be rebuilding, yet want a program where they will issue additional permits. so on one hand, cut the permits, on the other, increase them????????? plus, they want to use antler restrictions( don' t know if by point or width, guessing point) but i have a list of articles that shows antler restrictions don' t work. i really don' t trust the dept head on this one, think he has a personal stake in it. yes, we do need to have state mandated rules, but we HAVE a healthy herd, we don' t have anything to gain on this one.