Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Preping property for next year

Old 11-25-2011, 08:30 AM
Spike

Default Preping property for next year

I'm disappointed with the results that my land produced this year. The fact that the MO river flooded diesn't help. But I was looking for some advice of good food plots for keeping does in the area because as we all know, where the does are is where the bucks are. I've had some general clover fields, but due to the flooding those were gone after the water receided. Also I'd like to post quite a few mineral licks on my property too. I'd like to put a few of the food plots in the brush under some cover but have the bigger ones next to either a corn or soy beans. But any advice on which forage to grow which might help 1.) get the deer to stick around and 2.) help rack growth, would be greatly appreciated.

I'm new to this whole hunting forums and I have a friend who told me he got some good advice on here, so obviously any help would be greatly appreciated. Kinda interested in seeing how this forum stuff works.

Thanks.
Old 11-25-2011, 01:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

A good summer plot is iron clay peas. The deer hit them hard.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:05 AM
Spike

Antler Builder deer mineral is very attractive and its loaded with essential vitamins, minerals and trace minerals.

My advice is.....Do you homework before choosing a deer mineral. Compare the guaranteed analysis on the productsl before you buy. Also take a look at the trail cam photos of the deer using the mineral sites. Antler Builder has the correct ingredient ratio's that match a the limits of a deers digestive system. Its not a cattle mineral that folks call deer mineral.