Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Trail Camera Questions

Old 01-02-2011, 02:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default Trail Camera Questions

What are some things to keep in mind while buying a trail camera? What are some advantages of Infrared cameras and Flash cameras? I am planning to put it over a feeder.

Last edited by WisconsinBowHunter; 01-02-2011 at 02:13 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:47 PM
Fork Horn

The infared cameras at night are invisible to the dear. Your pictures will be black and white but stilll good quality. As to the flash cameras they will flash and our more likely to scare the deer.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:20 AM
Spike

Another advantage that I've noticed with IR cameras is their batteries seem to last longer.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

I won't buy anything but the Moultrie 5.0 on sale for $65 or less. People steal them too bad for me to put a lot of money in one. If you get one take a Dremmel and put your name and phone number everywhere on the camera, inside and out, you can write it.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:58 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Haydad
Another advantage that I've noticed with IR cameras is their batteries seem to last longer.
this is true
Old 01-23-2011, 08:03 AM
Spike

Chasingame.com has some good trail camera reviews.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:36 PM
EFH
Typical Buck

Ive had several brands, but all I use now are moultrie 4.o IRs. Moultries so far hve been great on battery life too! Like whitetail general said, I dont think the IRs are as likely to spook the deer at night. Also I like to put mine on scrapes, and I can video day and night and have had really good shots.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've owned several of the cheaper brand cameras. Wildviews are good for first couple yrs, then seem to start having issues. I didn;t have much luck with the older Moultries, not sure on them now since updated. I've really come to like the Tasco models. They're basically a Bushnell. The new mini tasco's are sweet. I bought one last yr, and loved it, so just got another.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default One thing to remember

At a low price they are discontinued or inexpensive cameras, put together by the least expensive, low cost, foreign worker.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:49 PM
Typical Buck

Make sure your camera is digital, and not something that uses 35mm film. That 35mm film is obsolete. There ya go

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.