Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

deer candy

Old 09-22-2010, 06:51 AM
Fork Horn

Default deer candy

my inlaws have 2 apple trees in thier yard,every mornin theres always 3 bucks having breakfast.around here they go crazy for apples and crabapples.food plots will and do bring in deer but dangle an apple tree in front of them and they will come running.alot of hunters here start dumpin apples out b4 season and usually have quite a choice of bucks.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:55 AM
Fork Horn

Yes the deer around here love apples as well. We have actually planted a few apple trees for the deer. I also gather apples that have fallen from trees and taken them down and putting in front of trail cameras with alot of results. If there were two things deer love most here its corn and apples. However they do like other fruits as well; pears, etc, anything sweet
Old 10-10-2010, 09:58 AM
Spike

Where I hunt the deer also love apples however, the black bears love them more. so, we put out other things like; sweet cob, apple flavored licking block (only thing in common with apples was the name),all stock feed (the deer hated those pellits). the only thing that really excites the deer are apples so, i have decided to put apples out but, when i go to my blind i have a black bear tag along with my deer tag so, i should be prepared for either critter.

Last edited by kittitascountyhunter; 10-19-2010 at 03:20 PM.