Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Soilman's project

Old 08-18-2010, 05:43 AM
Typical Buck

Soilman - I seen on another thread where some A-hole took your camera and is stealing out of your garden Hope you catch the parasite and make an example out of 'em.

Unfortunately that sort of thing kinda comes with the purchase of a new property, but can be greatly diminished over time, especially with the use of a hidden camera and a willingness to prosecute the uninvited to the fullest extent.

Good luck with it.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:48 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Soilman
Sorry to hear about the bear. I had one flatten all of my corn last week. Thankfully, I didn't have much planted. I am going to wrap bacon around the electric fence (corn fence wasn't electric, I learned my lesson!), and set my trail camera to video. I suspect I will enjoy watching that!

How is your project going? What did you plant this year? There is basically unlimited doe permits here as well, but then, the deer do seem to get at it early.
Spot is coming along great we planted corn earlier this year and cut little more than half of it down to make a spot to hunt geese at our spot the rest will stay for the deer. This last weekend we planted rye grass, clover, rape and winter peas about 3 acers worth for a early bow season spot and hopefully there is enough there that they dont destroy it right away and have some green food right up to the rut.
You will have to post the video of the bear and the bacon when you get it.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:25 PM
Fork Horn

Some jerk stole my trail camera and watermelons. I have a plot watcher coming in this week, and I plan to monitor everyone that comes in and out of my place (I have some awesome pumpkins I assume they will be back for). I want to catch the crooks more than anything now. I plan to post both a picture of busted trespassers (appropriately blurred of course), and a bear biting bacon on an electric fence if I get them on camera.

Good luck on the moose hunt mconwa951, I hope to see pics of a nice bull. I hope we continue with this warm weather so your plot does well for deer hunting too.