Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Turkey plot questions

Old 05-09-2010, 05:26 AM
Fork Horn

Default Turkey plot questions

My uncle and I are wanting to put about a 1 1/4 acre plot in on his farm in Central WI for primarily Turkeys. We were thinking about Chufa but we're not sure how well it would grow in that climate. Can anyone offer some feedback? Is there something else that we should be planting instead? We are hoping to take care of them year round but as you can imagine, primarily keep them around in the spring.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:24 PM
Fork Horn

Ya, id Also like to hear about peoples feedback with the Chufa from BioLogic. Iv been thinking about trying it for awhile now. and Dang, 1 1/4 acres of just Chufa, seems like alot just for Turkey lol
Old 05-11-2010, 03:10 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by blueahlijr
Ya, id Also like to hear about peoples feedback with the Chufa from BioLogic. Iv been thinking about trying it for awhile now. and Dang, 1 1/4 acres of just Chufa, seems like alot just for Turkey lol
I'd plant every single bit of ground on his 40 acres that doesn't have a tree growing on it for turkeys if it were up to me!
Old 05-11-2010, 06:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

Chufa's run about $2 a pound around here, but I don't know of anything a turkey likes better if they will grow up there.