Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Brassica plots (Updated Sept. 30)

Old 09-24-2009, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kdsberman
Beautiful plot!

PLEASE answer this question......What in the heck is your secret to keeping weeds controlled. There are no weeds at all in your plots! Please help me because I cant ever get plots to be weed-free.
This time I sprayed, let some more come up, and sprayed again.

Thanks..
Old 09-25-2009, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

thanks for the in depth strategy
Old 09-26-2009, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

lol, I really don't know. I just use glysophate 2 times, once to kill it all and once to kill whatever is left/new weed growth a couple weeks later. I also try my best not to disturb the seedbed after the final spray. For tiny seeds like turnips or clover, that don't have to be "buried", just packed, it works. Plus, with turnips or other brassicas, they kind of take over and shade out weeds or prohibit them from growing since they can grow fast and dense.

Good luck this fall
Old 09-28-2009, 04:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Damn adam those plots look sweet. I planted one small one kind of like your smaller one this spring and it started coming up great, but since i planted it when the leaves werent on the trees yet I didnt realize how much shade there was in the area and everything completely died. At least i will learn from my mistake.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good looking plots, should be a good year for you
Old 09-30-2009, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks everyone, here are a few more updated pics. There was a lot of fog coming up from the valley so some pics look wierd.
Indiana bow opener is tomorrow, I'm getting ready to leave for the "hunting trailer" this evening. Good luck to you all this season.

Old 10-04-2009, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by gregrn43
Good looking plots, should be a good year for you

Thanks for the good luck. 3 deer down in the first few days of Indiana's bow season . Good times with family and friends.

None were killed from the plots yet, we've been hunting the ridges.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowh...deer-down.html
Old 10-05-2009, 04:18 AM
Typical Buck

Default Good Job!

Looks like ya'll fellas know how to shoot! Perfect shot placement on yours and your bros.

Man, that rub is enough to get anybody fired up! Hope the big ones show up for ya'll. Good luck and keep us posted!

Had any frost yet?
Old 10-05-2009, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by haystack
Looks like ya'll fellas know how to shoot! Perfect shot placement on yours and your bros.

Man, that rub is enough to get anybody fired up! Hope the big ones show up for ya'll. Good luck and keep us posted!

Had any frost yet?

No frost yet, but it feels like its getting close. We had a frost advisory the other night. I watched a doe and a fawn munching in the clover Saturday night and they've only barely started on the rape. Hoping for a frost and some action near the turnips.. We'll see.

Thanks! Its been fun.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:03 PM
Spike

Watching this thread very closely... I tried turnips the last few years here in NW Ohio and really couldn't get them excited about them. I tried them one more time this year to see what happens. Those are some nice looking plots though!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.