Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

I got a question

Old 06-28-2009, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I got a question

I put some corn out in a food plot,something has eat all of it except about 1''layer on the ground,what do you think is eating the corn.You can't see any tracks because of the grass(about 6'' or 8'' high).Thanks
Old 06-28-2009, 06:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: I got a question

About every critter in the woods will eat shelled corn. Could be deer, hogs, squirrels, coons, coyotes, fox, all kinds of birds and anything else. You will need to put a camera out to tell what is eating the corn. I scatter any corn I put out, I don't want it more than one kernel deep as it will sour and rot if piled up.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:52 AM
Fork Horn

I think he was saying he planted it. not piled it. and like timber said, almost anything will eat it. Sand hill cranes, rabbits, deer, anything. i agree with the camera idea.. its the best way other than sititn there all night..
Old 07-02-2009, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

No,i piled it,checked it today,they aint no corn there!The dirt spot where it was is covered up with deer tracks!
Old 07-09-2009, 01:15 PM
Fork Horn

If you don't have any stock in the paddock get a trail cam and if its at night just use the spotlight or during the day just get up in a tree and wait for it to come but you probabley (spelling?)already have a great plan to knock it off.