HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Wildlife Management / Food Plots (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/wildlife-management-food-plots-11/)
-   -   Post your soybean plot pictures here! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/wildlife-management-food-plots/296535-post-your-soybean-plot-pictures-here.html)

180Outdoors 06-23-2009 06:55 PM

Post your soybean plot pictures here!

Guys,

Nothing is worse than looking at your plots and second guessing what you should have done compared to what you did do. Lets all post pictures of our soybean plots on this post with explanations of how we planted and in what conditions. Hopefully we can steal ideas from each other and all have better plots this next year.

180Outdoors 06-23-2009 07:00 PM

RE: Post your soybean plot pictures here!

I did take a soil sample on here but not till after I added a tone of lime to a couple of the plots. After the soil sample I found out I didn't need the lime and had wasted my time. However I did fertilize to the reccommendations and till it into the soil. I planted by broadcasting and then using a harrow to cover. Here are a few pictures.

180Outdoors 06-23-2009 07:02 PM

another

kdsberman 06-24-2009 07:14 AM

Mine just started popping up. Also waiting for standing water to dry up so i can actually walk back there.

crenth 06-30-2009 05:46 PM

We just planted ours last Wednesday. They are just barely popping up as of yesterday. I'll take some pictures around the end of the week hopefully and then post them.

kdsberman 06-30-2009 06:20 PM

Hey quick question, what type of fertilizer would you guys use on your soybean plots?

farm hunter 06-30-2009 08:08 PM

Here's opne of my 5 soybean plots, they all look about the same right now. This is 1 month after planting (6-27-09)- day of ROUNDUP application.
If like past years - this plot will look a WHOLE lot better in 2-3 weeks.

Smallest plot 1/4 acre - Biggest 2 acres.

We sometimes add a little UREA at planting on the poorer soils - but some plots get none and do fine.
We do not harvestand sometimes have to add P but almost never K.

FH

bowmanaj 06-30-2009 08:37 PM

Not mine, butafarmer's (my neighbor at the bottom of the ridge) beans. He lets me hunt a little over our property line into his fields, but I mostly juststay on my property and hunttheir travel routes coming back from the beans to bedding and vice versa... The first pic is from a few weeks ago and the others are from a few days ago. (SE Indiana)

They've been eating my clover pretty well all spring but now they are heading for the beans a lot more. Another section of the beans..
Can you spot the doe and fawn about the field edge? The fawn is kind of hard to see, bad pic...

They have eased up on the clover a littlefor the beans but my guess is they will visit the clover more often right before the first frosts. That is fine though because its letting the clover go to seed and I need that to happen...We'll see..

Some ofmy clover, slowly fighting its way back from being nearlychokedout by grass this spring. Mowing helps.

crenth 07-03-2009 08:31 PM

Soybeans, Corn, and Cowpeas with the rest in clover making a total of 1 acre

Clover is second year clover. Planting was done after a long string of very strong storms which had the ground too wet to plant for about 2 weeks. So when we planted there was plenty of moisture in the ground.

Planted on June 24th

Pictures taken on July 2nd

Soybeans - planted north-south & east-west

Corn - planted on east, north, and west side of beans

Cowpeas - planted 8 rows + a little more along the trees on the south side of food plot

Ben / PA 07-04-2009 04:28 AM

Crenth, I like the "architecture" of your planting. I'd really like to see how it grows in the coming weeks.