Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Wildlife Management / Food Plots
 Some pics of my property (lots of pics) >

Some pics of my property (lots of pics)

Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Some pics of my property (lots of pics)

Old 05-15-2009, 11:52 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Some pics of my property (lots of pics)

I know where saginaw is at. Is that where you hunt? If so take some pics I would love to see other Mi places.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yup thats where i hunt. Actually I live and hunt in a town called Hemlock, which is part of Saginaw County. I'd love to take pictures, but there isnt much to take pictures of right now. My food plots havent been planted yet, but am working on getting them going, just trying to decide what to plant.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:23 PM
Fork Horn

What do you want to get out of them? ie to hunt over or food for the spring/summer or for the winter? How big are your plots?
Old 05-15-2009, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, i started my first plot 3 or 4 years ago to get into it. It was about a 1/4 acre divided into 3 different brands, Imperial Chicory Plus, Mossy Oak BioLogic Clover Plus, and some small company brand. The Imperial turned out very well but the deer hardly used the food plot. I figured by the time all the beans and corn around the area were combined, the clover would be dormant by that time and probably wouldnt taste worth a darn.

So, ive been looking for a nice plot to keep the deer around my property. They made baiting illegal but Im pretty sure most people around bait, therefore all the deer are around them and i hardly see anything. Id like to reverse that and have my woods provide something that the other guys dont have. Its pretty frustrating.
Old 05-16-2009, 03:42 AM
Fork Horn

Ya I got the same problem. I think that the peopke around me still bait, Last year I could see a pile of corn and carrots on my neighbors place. Oh well what are you going to do? As you seen I am working on some food plots but so far its not working out. The one spot wont dry out, so I cant get to it, and the other is well just not doing what I thought it should by now. I plantes a 15' wide thing of sunflowers on the fare end to kind of break up the feild, and the turkeys/crows eat all the seed.[:@]Then the rest just is not growing like I thought it should, but I dont have anything to compair it to.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ya all the TV shows and magazines make it look so easy. Well, its not. Not even close. Some of us dont have the big equipment, time, or money to create these nice looking plots.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:54 AM
Fork Horn

Aint that the truth. I was watching White tail freaks one time and these people had a 20k planter, 50k tractor and so on. What was funny is they called them "average joes" I mean they hade to be planting 2k in just seeds.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: kdsberman

Ya all the TV shows and magazines make it look so easy. Well, its not. Not even close. Some of us dont have the big equipment, time, or money to create these nice looking plots.
I hear ya! All you can do is try your best I guess. Its a continuing learning process for me, and can be frustrating sometimes...but I love it. No better feeling than putting in the work and watching things grow. That statement could be taken a couple ways now that I think about it lol..