Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Pictures of the farm

Old 04-11-2009, 07:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Pictures of the farm

The other day, i went and photographed my farm to post up on another site and i figured you boys would like to see what im working with as well. Altogether, it spans 47 acres in northeastern Ohio. Here is an overhead view:

The main fixture on the land is our 1 acre pond. The pond was originally built in the 1950's, but when my dad took over the property from my grandma in 2002, we decided to drain it and rebuild the dam. We used to have 3 campers near the lake to sleep in, but we have since upgraded to a "cabbarn".

Future Ohio G2G site?

And dont forget the main fixture:

The lake is stocked with channel cats, largemouth and smallmouth bass, bluegills, redears, pumpkinseeds, creek chubs, striped minnows, green sunfish and white amur. There is also no shortage of bullfrogs, green frogs, water snakes, muskrats, geese, wood ducks, mallards or green and blue herons.
When my grandpa passed away, we stopped farming the land ourselves and started renting it out to a gentleman down the street. This year he has 17 acres of hay lined up, and its already starting to come up pretty good:

These fields have fed a large quantity of game over the years including deer, turkeys, coyotes, fox, raccoon, squirrel, possum, woodchuck, skunk and the occasional horse .

We also have a stand of pines on the property that my dad planted as a kid:

The other main feature we have is a "bullrush" swamp in the southeast corner of our property (Kyle knows the real name of these things ):

Here is a picture of my stump lick (needs refreshed):

Some of the old permanent stands on the property that are going to come down this year for safety reasons:

I also set my Cuddeback out today to try and get some gobbler pictures (watch for an update on that):

A few of the trails/logging roads we have meandering through the woods:

An old shed located in the woods that the oil companies used to store dynamite in back in the 40's. Im eventually going to make a 2 story cabin out of it:

Heres a picture of a ladder stand on the property thats on a famous local tree. A 3 year old 8 point, a 2 year old 5 point and 3 does have all been taken
from this tree:

The rest of these pics are just general scenery and it shows the Ohio woods in the spring time:

If anyone is ever in the area and wants to do some catfishin, deer hunting, turkey hunting, any kind of hunting, frogging, sitting around a campfire, shooting, shedding, scouting, stand hanging...any outdoor activity of any kind, let me know. My family would be glad to host ya!

Caleb
Old 04-11-2009, 12:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pictures of the farm

AllI gotta say is Wow, beautiful property. Future Ohio G2G site indeed. Doesn't get much better than that when it comes to habitat. I think the 17 acres ofhaywill do you a lot of good this fall. I love that little cornertransition area on the edge of thefield in pictures 9 and 10.
Old 04-11-2009, 01:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

Nice set up. Looks like the place where you gohangout and lose track of the days. I might have occasion to be working a project for a few days up in northeast Ohio in the Fall, so may look you up.
Old 04-11-2009, 03:12 PM

Where are you located it
Old 04-11-2009, 06:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: dbeals05

Where are you located it
Five minutes north of Lodi,twenty southwest of Medina

Adam, Lanse, whenever you have a chance let me know and maybe we could work something out (No sasquatch sightings on the property yet though [:@])
Old 04-11-2009, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Siman awesome looking property you got there. Pike
Old 04-12-2009, 05:05 AM
Typical Buck

Siman, I might stop in around the end of Sept, help you get that big one. No I'm just foolin with ya, You do have a beautiful place! That lake is eye catching. I'm glad you said what those bulrushes was, I've never seen that around here and was going to ask you. Thanks!
Old 04-12-2009, 08:09 PM
Fork Horn

great property man.. thanks for sharing
Old 04-12-2009, 08:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Went out and snapped a few more today, the weather was just so nice

Old 04-12-2009, 08:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Quick Reply: Pictures of the farm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.