Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Deer adopted me!

Old 03-17-2009, 06:49 PM

Default RE: Deer adopted me!

ORIGINAL: bowmanaj

That is amazing, and very cool. Is this a suburban area I'm guessing? Its amazing how deer behave in different areas. At the farm, you will hear crazy loud snorts from deer if you make one mistake, but in the pasture behind my housethe deer will eat from the apple tree and just sit there and watch... while we're shooting guns 50 yards away. Its crazy.

But your deer there tops that. Very cool pictures and situation. Thanks for sharing.
The cabin is in the middle of nowwhere in the middle of the woods.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:55 PM

ORIGINAL: timbercruiser

When's the BBQ?
Thats the quandry! The interaction is amazing. If he survives and someone else does not harvest him when he gets older,going to be very hard but I may have to drop him myself! Probebly can't do it though. I don't want him around come the rut cause he will turn nasty.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:02 PM

Working on my mower, he decides to come visit.

Old 03-17-2009, 09:21 PM
Typical Buck

Its to bad that hes that freindly , because once hunting season starts and he has a decent rack he will be to friendly and make a bad mistake ..
Deer like this are very cool to see , but my guess is hell have a very short life .
I wouldnt be able to shoot him .
I was hunting in Southern Tiere one year and had a fawn walk within 3 feet of the tree I was standing by .
In Southern Tier every deer seen gets shot ..
Well good luck and enjoy him while you can ....
Old 03-18-2009, 04:45 AM

That’s pretty cool, I have had up to 40 deer in my front yard and I live in a subdivision. They are pretty tame and have a tendency to run up to you when carrying groceries into the house. We have to be careful during the rut because they have some pretty fierce buck fights in our front yard.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TimberCreek

ORIGINAL: bowmanaj

That is amazing, and very cool. Is this a suburban area I'm guessing? Its amazing how deer behave in different areas. At the farm, you will hear crazy loud snorts from deer if you make one mistake, but in the pasture behind my housethe deer will eat from the apple tree and just sit there and watch... while we're shooting guns 50 yards away. Its crazy.

But your deer there tops that. Very cool pictures and situation. Thanks for sharing.
The cabin is in the middle of nowwhere in the middle of the woods.
Really, wow.. That makes it even crazier. Rare situation you got there, but very cool. Maybe its mom died when it was a pretty young fawnbutstillold enough to eat vegetation. I guess to the deer,you are its "mom" now. Thats awesome.

I wish I had a pet deer.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TimberCreek

ORIGINAL: timbercruiser

When's the BBQ?
Thats the quandry! The interaction is amazing. If he survives and someone else does not harvest him when he gets older,going to be very hard but I may have to drop him myself! Probebly can't do it though. I don't want him around come the rut cause he will turn nasty.
I was wondering about that. I don't know what I'd do. Thats the thing about hunters. Most of them are animal lovers, and once you "build a connection" with one, I can't imaginebeing able to shoot him.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:03 PM

ORIGINAL: TRACKER

Its to bad that hes that freindly , because once hunting season starts and he has a decent rack he will be to friendly and make a bad mistake ..
Deer like this are very cool to see , but my guess is hell have a very short life .
I wouldnt be able to shoot him .
I was hunting in Southern Tiere one year and had a fawn walk within 3 feet of the tree I was standing by .
In Southern Tier every deer seen gets shot ..
Well good luck and enjoy him while you can ....
With the new antler restrictions here, it will be quite a few years before he is a shooter.Theres always the poachers though! Talkedwith all the owners of adjoining propertyexcept one and theysay they won't kill him. By the time heis bigger he should be pushed off to another teritory by the big bucks. Although it is cool and something I would never think would happen, I really need him gone. He is a pain in the butt. He will end up leaving ticks all over. While trying to work he comes up andlightly butts me with his head until I scratch him and one of these days he may not be playing! Thought about calling the DNR but have seen through internet searchthat theyuthinze tame deer.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:22 PM

Hide and seek!

Old 03-18-2009, 02:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

I admit, that is pretty neat story and great pictures -For all its coolness, I could understand the drawbacks when it gets older.

I wish I had that kind of affect on women. Are you using the new Axe bodyspray or something?

Quick Reply: Deer adopted me!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.