HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Wildlife Management / Food Plots (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/wildlife-management-food-plots-11/)
-   -   How's your food plots doing? (pix) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/wildlife-management-food-plots/266669-hows-your-food-plots-doing-pix.html)

Hawgnman 10-06-2008 09:39 AM

How's your food plots doing? (pix)

Seemore at www.RacksnSpurs.com and click on Food Plot Pix at the botton.

These are Buck Beans...

WhitetailsInc.info 10-06-2008 10:46 AM

RE: How's your food plots doing? (pix)

Opening morning I discovered the record rainfalls and flooding turned my foodplots into mudplots

timbercruiser 10-06-2008 05:15 PM

It's been so dry down here I've held off on planting. They now predict a 60% chance for the next two days so I planted about an acre this afternoon, but it will be a week or so before I can get the rest of them planted.

gregrn43 10-08-2008 08:34 PM

good looking plots

kdsberman 10-08-2008 09:59 PM

Hey Hawgnman, how are those Buck Beans? The deer like em'?

TRACKER 10-08-2008 11:13 PM

I was watching Dreury outdoors the other night and they had beans planted also .
Abought a month or so to plant they planted some buck forage oats .
After a couple frosts the beans dye off and the deer will eat the oats .

gregrn43 10-09-2008 02:16 AM

We finally got some much needed rain here monday. I will be up at the cabin bow hunting this weekend i sure hope my plots look better.

Hawgnman 10-09-2008 06:27 AM

This is the first time I've planted Buck Beans, planted in June. The interesting thing about them is the deer will not touch them until they start making the beans. The last time in was at the plots, they were just putting out runners. Since our gun season starts on the 18th, they appear to be right on schedule. They tolerate some light frosts.

I also planted in Sept. some Buck Forage Oats for the first time this year. We have hadgreat rainfall this year. Last year was a disaster for food plots.

RugerM77.270 10-09-2008 07:46 AM

No rain in weeks or since I put it out. I checked it last Friday and it was still just bare ground.

XzyluM 10-09-2008 06:39 PM

I planted a decent sized plot this past Monday. Luckily for me, it rained a little Tuesday and then rain pretty hard Tuesday night. I'm hoping it does pretty well. There is tons of tracks through it. Tried the Biologic Green Patch and Winter Peas. Will get a pic once it starts growing.