HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Wildlife Management / Food Plots (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/wildlife-management-food-plots-11/)
-   -   Antler King Honey Hole (pics) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/wildlife-management-food-plots/264982-antler-king-honey-hole-pics.html)

crabclaw 09-25-2008 06:23 PM

Antler King Honey Hole (pics)

Here is a picture of my honey hole plot, How's it look ?

muckland 09-25-2008 06:51 PM

RE: Antler King Honey Hole (pics)

Very Nice...

gregrn43 09-25-2008 08:29 PM

Looks great

crabclaw 09-26-2008 06:06 PM

Thanks guys. I tried the same stuff last year but I also put down way to much oats and it never really grew,except for the oats. I did put some tecomate oats along the edge this year. But I am extremely pleased with the way it came up this year. I sure hope the deer enjoy it once we get a frost.
My Uncle planted the corn you can see in the picture, and on the other side of the corn we have a bunch of soy beans. The deer will be able to have a little bit of everything this winter.
Good luck to everyone this season.

bigwilly11189 09-29-2008 10:44 AM

So jealous :(. Where I hunt there are no open fields only dense woods!

TRACKER 09-29-2008 11:31 AM

I see you did it right . Looks great .

mossberghunter93 09-29-2008 02:57 PM

ORIGINAL: crabclaw

Thanks guys. I tried the same stuff last year but I also put down way to much oats and it never really grew,except for the oats. I did put some tecomate oats along the edge this year. But I am extremely pleased with the way it came up this year. I sure hope the deer enjoy it once we get a frost.
My Uncle planted the corn you can see in the picture, and on the other side of the corn we have a bunch of soy beans. The deer will be able to have a little bit of everything this winter.
Good luck to everyone this season.
now will u harvest the beans an corn this fall? or just leave them because i have considered doing that but i didtn know if i would have to harvest anything or just bush hog it in the spring

crenth 09-29-2008 04:45 PM

Wow that looks really good!!! IS antler king honey hole a brand? Or just a nickname? That's brassica right?

TimberCreek 09-30-2008 08:26 PM

I don't like it! Way too green! Has weeds! Too crowded! Corn is in the way! Ain't mine! If I were you I would just mow it down!:eek::D

crenth 09-30-2008 10:41 PM

ORIGINAL: TimberCreek

I don't like it! Way too green! Has weeds! Too crowded! Corn is in the way! Ain't mine! If I were you I would just mow it down!:eek::D
Jealous!!!