Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

corn price

Old 11-13-2018, 05:24 PM
Spike

Not to mention meat prices...beef, poultry and pork ..
Old 11-13-2018, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

off my farmer friend, I pay about 15 a 100 lbs, or did last time I bought some back in ??? June?
I did just pick up about 600 lbs off the ground when he had a OOP's while transferring corn from combine to silo, so that was free minus the work to shovel and clean! LOL

I haven't checked on market values, to see if corn is UP or down , but you can find that info out, and figure out corn prices and if your geteting a deal or not!
Old 11-21-2018, 06:33 AM
Spike

I had 10,000 lbs delivered and the cost was right at 7.25 cents per pound.
Old 11-22-2018, 04:48 PM
CGD
Spike

CBOT price is $3.61 a bushel currently. What you guys are paying for is the screening and labor of bagging corn.
Old 03-14-2019, 05:19 AM
Spike

Been a couple months since I bought some. I paid $5.45 for a 50# sack at the CO-OP. I never buy from the Big Box stores. They are always higher.
Old 03-14-2019, 05:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

local feed store is at 12 bucks a 100 lbs right now
Old 09-27-2019, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think I paid about $200 per 40 lbs - planted about 2 acres . Also another $400 in fertilizer
of course my time, fuel and equipment upkeep. - no big breakdown this past May - thankfully!
Old 09-28-2019, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by farm hunter
I think I paid about $200 per 40 lbs - planted about 2 acres . Also another $400 in fertilizer
of course my time, fuel and equipment upkeep. - no big breakdown this past May - thankfully!
I think your missing the topic , its about FEED corn, and seed corn LOL

But any how, if your planting corn for wildlife, you should be joining the national turkey federation and or Pheasant forever
they work with several agency';s that allow you to buy seeds for fractions of the price
I used to get RR corn seed off them for like $35 bucks a bag, and it was normally 350-400+ a bag seed!
well worth the 25 bucks a yr to be a member! they have other seeds too besides corn
BUT it has to be planted for wildlife and NOT sold or harvested!
but for food plot guys it can save you a ton of cash in seed cost, all the more so if you plant a lot of acres(I was doing 16+ acres a yr)
what I saved in a yr, I became a life member of the clubs! LOL
Old 09-28-2019, 01:23 PM
Fork Horn

$10 for an 80 lb.bag of shelled corn here in eastern NC. Same price last 3 years. We also buy whole cob corn for $7.50 in the same size bag.
Old 10-25-2019, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mrbb
I think your missing the topic , its about FEED corn, and seed corn LOL

But any how, if your planting corn for wildlife, you should be joining the national turkey federation and or Pheasant forever
they work with several agency';s that allow you to buy seeds for fractions of the price
I used to get RR corn seed off them for like $35 bucks a bag, and it was normally 350-400+ a bag seed!
well worth the 25 bucks a yr to be a member! they have other seeds too besides corn
BUT it has to be planted for wildlife and NOT sold or harvested!
but for food plot guys it can save you a ton of cash in seed cost, all the more so if you plant a lot of acres(I was doing 16+ acres a yr)
what I saved in a yr, I became a life member of the clubs! LOL

Ok - I see
Feed corn isn't legal in NY as far as I know. I like to plant it and use the screening for stand access and the corn production for late season attraction - we can do that in NY. I'll see if NY has a Turkey Federation - I think I looked into it before and the seed was non RR - will check.

Quick Reply: corn price

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.