Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Question on mowing

Old 07-13-2008, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Question on mowing

I wish I had a brushhog. Since I dont, I have to use my lawn tractor. When I first saw my clover plot this year, it looked like it was coming up great. Last time i saw it, the weeds were "drowning them out". All the blame is on me for not mowing it AT ALL.Theres hardly any sign of deer eating it. Some say that you can tell that the deer are eating their plot, but mine is like its never been looked at. I plan on going back this weekend and cutting the whole thing (about a 1/4 acre plot) down to about 4-5", then put my camera back there. Is this a good idea? We've been getting decent rain, so with the mixed with the warm temperatures were getting, I figured the clover should grow back up in no time. I also figured that since it is fresh grown, maybe the deer will like it better? Please help me if you have any suggestions. Thank you.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:02 AM

Default RE: Question on mowing

great idea, get er done