HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Wildlife Management / Food Plots (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/wildlife-management-food-plots-11/)
-   -   Droptine is right. Minerals are the way to go. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/wildlife-management-food-plots/247244-droptine-right-minerals-way-go.html)

OKbowhunter20 05-25-2008 10:56 AM

Droptine is right. Minerals are the way to go.

Checked my minerals spot yesterday. Had quite a few pics. They are really tearin it up.

A shameless doe:D

Fuzzy pic but a nice little buck

Deleted User 05-25-2008 11:09 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Deleted User 05-25-2008 11:12 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Rory/MO 05-25-2008 11:14 AM

RE: Droptine is right. Minerals are the way to go.

were gonna go put some out in the next couple weeks

OKbowhunter20 05-25-2008 11:20 AM

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Ya know..If you've got a good supply of protein in the area, add in your minerals....you may just even smoke a pig of a buck there..

Then you can change your username to GOODbowhunter20 :D:D!!!!
Touché,DT;)

Steven McBee 05-25-2008 12:02 PM

haha nice pics

Siman08/OH 05-25-2008 03:31 PM

Good pics and i agree, the deer, woodchucks, squirrels and even saint Bernard's are liking my mineral sight :D

HuntingBry 05-25-2008 05:33 PM

I've been using minerals for about 3 years and it is helpful for getting pics. This year I started using my own blend and they are absolutely destroying my sites.

I have to get the camera up this weekend. I like to get them started on the sites unmolested before introducing the camera.

OKbowhunter20 05-25-2008 05:38 PM

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

I've been using minerals for about 3 years and it is helpful for getting pics. This year I started using my own blend and they are absolutely destroying my sites.

I have to get the camera up this weekend. I like to get them started on the sites unmolested before introducing the camera.
I did just the opposite. My camera was up in this spot a month before I put the minerals out. Am I doing it backwards?

HuntingBry 05-25-2008 05:45 PM

ORIGINAL: OKbowhunter20

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

I did just the opposite. My camera was up in this spot a month before I put the minerals out. Am I doing it backwards?
One's no better than the other. My area gets a lot of pressure, so I only put the camera out when the antlers have really begun to develop. It may be a good idea to have the camera out there first so they get used to it.

Heck, maybe I'm doing it backwards.;)