Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

I hate thieves

Old 04-25-2008, 12:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default I hate thieves

I took my dog for a walk/swim this past weekend. On the way back to the house, decided to check the level of corn in a feeder I placed just behind my property. Damm thieves stole the feeder as well as the rope. I'm glad I took homemy trail camera a few weeks prior. It was just a cheap 5 gallon can feeder I pick up on clearance, to see how it performed. I just can't stand thievery. [:@]
Old 04-25-2008, 02:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: I hate thieves

i have had a lot of stuff stole by theifs. it amazes me how greedy and cut throat hunters are. i keep strict morals for my self nomatter how much gets stolen, however one of these days i will catch one of these theifs in the act and beat the sh1t out of him. lol

last year i was taking a friend rifle hunting. he walked over one hill and saw2 hunterstaking apart my feeder. they saw my friend and sprinted off, my friend ran back to get me, they were long gone by the time i got there. atleast they had 1 more screw on feeder to get it off. i moved that feeder to a new location which is hopefully still there.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:03 PM

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2671047&mpage=1&key=&#269353 4

TRY TO HANG SOMETHING LIKE THIS. IF SOMEONE WOULD CUT THE STEEL CABLE WITH 200+ LBS ONTHE LINE, THEN THEY JUST MIGHT BE LAYING THERE THE NEXT TIME YOU GO CHECK ON A FEEDER
Old 04-28-2008, 07:57 PM

Yeah I have had a few pretty nice climbers stole from me ( on my own land)
Old 04-28-2008, 08:28 PM

Everytime someone steals something - more posted signs goes up.

Less land = more people on the land that is open to public hunting.

More people = more criminals that will do what ever to get a free meal.

It might just had been a feeder to you. But set a couple of hunters around that feeder and you will have a bunch of gut piles and no more deer.

I believe that all states should make it illegal to feed the deer - then we wouldn't have all these problems.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:54 PM

Wow! Thats a twist on the original post! Does that justify stealing?

"More posted signs go up"? People should not be trespassing anyway it is not their land and it too is illegal!

"a bunch of gut piles and no more deer" Can we really get rid of all the deer? There are 2.5 million in just my state!

I can twist it too:

"I believe that all states should make it legalto shoot thieves then we wouldn't have all these problems"!
Seewe can twist anything!
Old 04-30-2008, 08:32 AM
Fork Horn

I feel your pain! I had my Cuddeback NO FLASH stolen right off the tree this spring. NOT HAPPY! The rule went from see a trespasser andask why he is there to SEE A TRESPASSER, SHOOT A TRESPASSER~!!!
Old 04-30-2008, 08:43 AM

TWO YEARS AGO I HAD A STAND AND CLIMBING LADDER STOLEN. WELL THIS YEAR THE FARMER THAT TOOK IT USED THE LADDER ABOUT 80YARDS FROM WHERE HE STOLEN IT FROM ME. WELL I FOUND IT AND I TOOK MY LADDER BACK AND LEFT HIS STAND HANGING IN THE TREE. SOMETHING THAT I CANT UNDERSTAND IS WHY SOMEONE WOULD STILL A BOW ROPE AND A BOW HANGER?
Old 04-30-2008, 02:30 PM

ORIGINAL: The Rifleman

It might just had been a feeder to you. But set a couple of hunters around that feeder and you will have a bunch of gut piles and no more
deer.

I believe that all states should make it illegal to feed the deer - then we wouldn't have all these problems.
DANG! That type of thinking hurts all hunters, including you....if start taking away rights....when does it stop? It's great you are against it....that is your right......but to put down fellow hunters who are also improving the land as they go.....well I'm not sure what to stay....peta would love to see hunting rights go down the drain.....respect for one another is a better why of thinking...I'm proud that you have the right not to bait and I have the right to bait...The deer in my area are getting bigger in size and anlters....QDM is key to long term hunting quality...don't lump all hunters in the same "if its brown its down" stigmas.....
Old 04-30-2008, 06:09 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: The Rifleman

It might just had been a feeder to you. But set a couple of hunters around that feeder and you will have a bunch of gut piles and no more deer.

So feeders cause crimejust likeguns kill people?

Feeders are not the issue here. Stupid idiots who are too lazy towork for what they want and think they are entitledare the problem. Why would you even what to take away more of a hunter's rights.

Regardless of if people feed deer, you're going to have the lazy worthless scum of this earth thatsteal. The law needs to give land owners more power to protect their property and less rights to worthless loosers who won't work and feel entitled to what everyone else has. I wish it was legal to catch these guys and hit them with a load of rock salt....something to do in the off season.

Quick Reply: I hate thieves

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.