Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

I hate thieves

Old 05-01-2008, 07:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: I hate thieves

I use feeders to keep deer on our places. One of our places is only 80 acres but has tall bluestem grass, thickets and ravines the deer like to hide in. During deer season the deer pile into thatplace because they have water and food there. We have never killed a deer near the feeders or on the food plots.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:34 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: tlutterba

I feel your pain! I had my Cuddeback NO FLASH stolen right off the tree this spring. NOT HAPPY! The rule went from see a trespasser andask why he is there to SEE A TRESPASSER, SHOOT A TRESPASSER~!!!
Don't drop the soap when you get to your new home. I wish it was legal too, but when the cops show up and the other guy has no gun you're going down, not him.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:53 AM
Fork Horn

"THE RIFLEMAN" - that is kind of ignorant to say. have you ever hunted over a corn field, that is the same thing? as hunters we use many different forms of ambush, feeders are also one of them along with "doe in heat" mineral licks, etc. Some also use feeders to help suppliment the deer or help keep the deer on their property. i for one love to shoot at least one doe near a feeder, and i bring kids out to watch or hunt over the feeders. there are plenty of deer around here, i could never make a dent in the population by using a feeder. i hope the use of such tactics never get taken away from the rest of hunters.

it is scary of how the views of fellow hunters can be so hypocritical and destructive to a collective effort to preserve hunting rights! if you don't think our rights can be taken away then they are on the countdown due to the changing views over the whole of our nation slowly nudging towards a view of "barbaric and murdering = hunting."
Old 05-02-2008, 03:57 PM
Fork Horn

I think my post on here was removed because I mentioned using rock salt!!!! Not that I would cause at this point it isnot legal, but if it were .A nice non-lethal form of protection...Guess that's too harsh of a punishment for theives. Guess we should ask them why they are doing what they are doing and hold thier hand and figure out where in thier childhood they were wronged. Then thank them for enlightening our lives.

There has to be a way to deal with this people when the law either refused to or can't.

They also removed the post of the person who voiced that they feel feeding deer causes crime. As much as I hate it he should have a voice to. But this is a private site entitled to run it the way they want I guess.

This oversensativity on this site is getting aggrivating.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:32 AM
Fork Horn

This has to be one of the most idioticcomments I've ever read.
I still hate theives and people who don't have a clue.

ORIGINAL: The Rifleman

Everytime someone steals something - more posted signs goes up.

Less land = more people on the land that is open to public hunting.

More people = more criminals that will do what ever to get a free meal.

It might just had been a feeder to you. But set a couple of hunters around that feeder and you will have a bunch of gut piles and no more deer.

I believe that all states should make it illegal to feed the deer - then we wouldn't have all these problems.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:48 PM
Fork Horn

true dat "bigcountryok". we better be politicly correct. bunch ofB.S. if u ask me. not much that we can do as citizens. although there is the old term "shoot, shovel, and shut up".......
Old 05-23-2008, 05:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

You mention "just behind my property", so I'm assuming you sited your feeder either on public land or on someone else's?

While I feel your pain, and don't condone theft of any sort, there's some difference between that and having it stolen on YOUR property.

While hunting on National Forest last season, I ran across a ladder stand someone had left. I thought that was kind of strange - would I leave any property of mine on National Forest? No. Since most knuckleheads where I hunt can't part themselves from the bucket seats and CD players of their rigs, I'm sure his stand made it through the season, but still - if you don't want it stolen, don't tempt the thief.

Old 05-23-2008, 12:59 PM
Fork Horn

Stealing is stealing. If your car is stolen from your driveway, or from the parking lot of your office. Your car wasstolen. I still hate thieves.