Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

A bit of pig bait help please.

Old 04-21-2008, 04:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default A bit of pig bait help please.

Ok I thought I knew a few things about hogs but I am getting stumped on this one. I have put out 2 feeders last month with good ole reliable corn in them and set them to fling in the morning and evening. I am pretty indifferent to deer hunting and would much rather shoot Wilbur but so far I have not had ANY hogs come to the feeders. I am getting deer visits every single day and usually at least 5 times a day and night. To start attracting some hogs I have placed fermented corn around the feeder twice this month but not a single pork visit? I do this at my buddys place in Ona Florida and you cant beat the hogs off the pile. Anyone have any idea why I have not had some piggies vist the feeders yet? I have cameras watching them. One thing would come to mind that there are no pigs in the area but so far I have taken 3 pigs out in the fields near my feeders when I have gone to check them. Is it just the time of year that they do not want corn. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. Rebel Hog?

I posted this in the hog exotic section also.

Thank you

gl n gh
Old 04-22-2008, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: A bit of pig bait help please.

That really is a wierd one, we are run over with the pigs right now to the point we have hog panels around all our feeders. If you are trying to attract them, I would give hogg wild a shot, It works great here in Texas and I have used it down south in the east and in the west. It worked well at all places i've used it, if you are going to visit it often try the PHD method on the back of the bag....Good Luck