Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Buck Jam

Old 02-10-2008, 11:25 AM
Fork Horn

Default Buck Jam

Has anymore every used this?
Old 02-10-2008, 04:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Buck Jam

worked great! Never brought me that shooter though!
Old 02-11-2008, 09:13 AM

i use it every year, works really well for younger deer and does. i have never seen a mature buck goto it though. but it does seem to be affective on the younger herd. I had a button buck eating it every day until it was gone. but i made the mistake of letting a friend use my stand and he shot it [:@], even though he said he wouldn't! he will never hunt my stands again!
Old 02-11-2008, 05:54 PM
Fork Horn

Some friend. Thats good I'm not looking for the trophy just yet. I just want to get them coming to my feeder and camera.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

I went and checked my feeder and found a new scrape and rub next to it. Camera screwed up and didn't take any pictures. There is a track in the scrape that we predicted to be between 2.5-3 yr. old ldeer. If the Buck Jam did this I'll never try anything again.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I cannot get too excited about Buck Jam - or any other attractant like it. Its not that I feel its a bad product, maybe deer really like it - but I don't see that it has any other benefit - except, possibly - to attract deer during hunting season.

Its great to see deer, and have a possibility at a buck every year - and I strive for that as well - but my intentions in our managment program, are to acheive this same goal, and at the same time - increase mine, and my hunting partners' chances over the next years - and at the same time - improve the quality of our deer herd. Buck Jam, Deer Cocaine, C'm here deer, and the likes don't fit in to my managment scheme.

FH
Old 02-12-2008, 06:00 AM
Fork Horn

I understand that. I just needed something to help the deer find my corn, AND THEY DID! Never saw a track until I put out the Buck Jam. Maybe a coincident, maybe not.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

I use buck jam on my mineral licks in the spring, butive never used it during the season
Old 02-16-2008, 08:45 PM
Fork Horn

They're bottling 'buck jam' now? Ewww!!!
Old 02-18-2008, 02:13 AM

I've used the Apple flavored the last two years on a stump and they seem to love it. I believe in the stuff, anytime I am at Wal-Mart or at a outdoor store that has it I buy them out. It can be hard to find due to so many people using it now. As far as benifit for the animal, it provides just as much nutrients as a salt/mineral block. I recommend using it on a stump so that it soaks in and you get more use out of it.

Quick Reply: Buck Jam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.