Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Wildlife Management / Food Plots
 No respect for my 'NO TRESPASSING' signs... >

No respect for my 'NO TRESPASSING' signs...

Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

No respect for my 'NO TRESPASSING' signs...

Old 11-09-2007, 08:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: No respect for my 'NO TRESPASSING' signs...

I don't think that you are an A-holefor pressing charges against people who are knowingly trespassing on your land. But on the other hand, there is no way that i would do that to some 70 year old lady who happens to wander onto my property while mushroom hunting.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:46 AM
Dominant Buck

70 year old ladies can't read a "No Trespassing" or "Posted" sign? Sorry, not a valid excuse. If the same old lady asked permission I'd gladly grant it if I thought there were enough 'shrooms to go around.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

Kevin,

In the area where i own my land, it is pretty rare to see POSTED signs anywhere but facing the roads. And most of the property lines are very poorly marked, if marked at all. In fact, on the entire back end of my property neitherthe neighboring landowner nor myself know where my property ends and his starts in a number of spots, and that istrue for a lot of other property holdings.So i guess technically i could press charges on a 70 year old that starts outon my neighbor's land and ends up on mine, but it aint gonna happen.I've gotten mixed up in the woods on several occasions and somehow ended up in places where I likely should not have been. Not too many people that haven't been in that situation, if they are being truthful. So, i would tend to put myself in their shoes and think it over before calling the police and pressing charges onthe lady that taught me in Sunday school when i was 10.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:20 AM
Typical Buck

First thing I ask is if they can read. Everytime. They always say yes. I did have 2, 12 year olds arrested did not bother me.. Around Kevin in Switzerland Co. People put it in the paper, especailly around gun season. If anyone is caught tresspassing on blank address you will be prosecuted.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

Doesn't sound like a problem to me if your property boundary is clearly marked and it actually has posted signswhere people coming from different directions can see them to read. Then go get 'em