Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Wildlife Management / Food Plots
 No respect for my 'NO TRESPASSING' signs... >

No respect for my 'NO TRESPASSING' signs...

Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

No respect for my 'NO TRESPASSING' signs...

Old 09-27-2007, 09:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: No respect for my 'NO TRESPASSING' signs...

The cameras will work. Last year I caught one of my best friends carrying a bunch of his buddies into a private honey-hole I had given him permission to hunt with a camera on the road. I figured if he would do that while I lived 100 miles away from the property that he wasn't that good of a friend.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Fourthings have been working for me:

1) Be seen on your property. Spend as much time being seen as you can. Walk your property completly at least every month or so.

2) Put gates on the driveway entrances. Even a chain across the opening keeps people from driving right in.

3) Make friends of your neighbours. If they're looking our for your property half of the battle is won. Let them know that they can walk parts of your property anytime for exercise, to walk the dogs, etc.

4) Trespassers somehow think that if they rip the sign down they can plead innocence. I used the "If one gets ripped down I put up two in that location rule". After three years the signsstayed up.

Dan O.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:22 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Dan O.

Fourthings have been working for me:

1) Be seen on your property. Spend as much time being seen as you can. Walk your property completly at least every month or so.

2) Put gates on the driveway entrances. Even a chain across the opening keeps people from driving right in.

3) Make friends of your neighbours. If they're looking our for your property half of the battle is won. Let them know that they can walk parts of your property anytime for exercise, to walk the dogs, etc.

4) Trespassers somehow think that if they rip the sign down they can plead innocence. I used the "If one gets ripped down I put up two in that location rule". After three years the signsstayed up.

Dan O.
Something I would add is that if you catch someone on your property you have to be a a hard-ass. If you don't want to go as as far as having them arrested at least go a little ballistic in your encounter with them.
Something like "Who do you think you are trespassing here?!" "Get off my property and stay off!". This is helpful in spreading the word to others that old Mr Answerguy is a bastard and it's not worth trespassing on his property.
Old 09-29-2007, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dirt bags that mess with other folks property make me sick! I would like to inflict our ow justice to anyone I catch ion my own property! Perhaps you simply need signs like this?

Old 09-29-2007, 03:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

"I figured if he would do that while I lived 100 miles away from the property that he wasn't that good of a friend."

Bingo!!! Have a friend who leased out the grazing rights on his place. He specifically told the guy no hunting on the place.After a few years he finally got around to going to hunt onhis property. The guy who had thegrazing leased was there camped outwith all his buds.George told the guy to get off the place and take his cattle with him-immediately.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:43 PM

I know how you feel, people just look for ways to be stupid! I tried
"no hunting" signs, triedfencing barbed wire around my farm,.., hell I feel like I tried it all!! Nothing worked until I gave permission to a local sheriffs deputy. I told him to lock upmy mother, my grandmother, hell any jack#@$ that trespassed on my property, and in return I would give him hunting rights. It did work to some degree, but now evenhe dosen't seem to impress the rogues anymore.

If you find something that works, bottle it up, put it up for sale and I'll be your first customer.

Thanks,
Old 10-04-2007, 04:26 PM

I'm in charge of 3,755 acres of strip mine in southern IL... there was a meeting with the county sherrif, about people riding 4 wheelers, tearing up roads, trails, creeks, trees, low water areas, etc.. We asked the sheriff what could be done... well he said they have a "No Chase" policy... and that if we caught someone trespassing, we couldn't detain them until they got therebecause that was illegal imprisonment or hostage like... One sheriffwas hearsaying quietly to the other,that one of the people was possibly one of his guys.. Needless to say, Every time I go out there, I'm shooting one type of gun or another, wether hunting something in season, or sigting in rifles of high caliber.

I've considered puting up cameras, but was told by the sheriffs that this wouldn't do any good, and that they couldn't prosecute with just a camera, even if there was agood photo of a face. What total BS.

I camped out there a couple of weeks ago, by myself and at 12:30 AM, I heard what must have been 5-10 4 wheelers hauling ass after the nearby tavern closed... THere was nothing I could do, heck I couldn't have even chased them without liably being responsible if one would wreck outrunning me.

If I ever do meet up with them, I'm taking their keys out of the ignition ASAP and calling the state police. This way I have evidence at least.

WHere's John Wayne when you need him?
Old 10-04-2007, 06:56 PM

I know this is a disgusting comment, but, sometimes I feel like just shoot'in theM$%@&% $%#@ers(trespassers that is). I almost believe the police where I live are the laziest bunch of Barney Fifes' that ever could exist. There are so many excuses that a policeofficer can make if he dosen't want to do his job.Although I must admit, I have met a few game wardenswho are gung-ho and believe in doing theirsworn duties; but this type of officer is getting tougher and tougher to find in Virginia. Last year they fired a few of the top VDGIF brass for thefts of taxpayer money, and other abuses. Hopefully this will make a change in the way the rest of the department does their jobs.
Whenever I hunt in Maryland, it seems like the police officers and game wardensare always on the ball, always doing a great job of keeping the bad guys in check. But in Virginia, ooohhh, boy, ..,,..., Bubba and his family can do whatever they please as long as they know the local sheriff and help him get elected. Talk about a Good-ole-boy situation!!!!
Old 10-11-2007, 07:50 PM

You want real results? Make a example of one of them and it will get around to the others. They will stop.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:54 PM

seen a few signs up on hunters land, one read colored blind and deaf hunter hunting this property,keep out.and the other said firearmstarget practicing conducted on this property.keep out

Quick Reply: No respect for my 'NO TRESPASSING' signs...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.