Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Tractor

Old 09-05-2007, 05:28 PM

Default Tractor

ive been looking for a tractor for awhile now. has to fit in my budget(cheap) ,run good and a good working 3 point hitch

today I found ,what appears to be in good condition, a 1946 2n 12v system, fresh tune up everything in decent shape besides the lights needed replaced.... coems with a bush hog and asking price is $2800.it doesnt appear to have been repainted or anything.if it has its been awhile... one rear tire was new and the other was in great shape as well

what im asking is does this sound like a good deal?... over priced?...or what?
Old 09-05-2007, 06:41 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Tractor

what type- allis chalmers, john deere, international?
Old 09-05-2007, 07:35 PM

Ford 2n is the one i looked at today
Old 09-06-2007, 09:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

has to fit in my budget(cheap) ,run good and a good working 3 point hitch
What is your budget?

My thoughts on the 2N:

The price is about average for a tractor like that. It is an old model tractor that won't have much horsepower, and only half of the PTO horsepower on those model tractors makes it to the ground. The age of the tractor also makes it harder and more expensive to find parts. So if you have a breakdown, you may be down for a while.

The original electric system on that tractor has also been converted. It was originally manufactured with a 6 volt system.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:47 PM
Typical Buck

you can probably keep on looking around and find something a little better (but more expensive). in the long run it will cost you less money. this is in regards to the above post.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here are some good sites to find equipment for sale:

Tractor House

Iron Search

Fastline
Old 09-08-2007, 02:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

You can find some real good gray market tractors like Hinimoto and Mitsubishi if you look around. These small tractorswere used by the Japanese owners of small farms. The Japanese government subsidizes the pruchase of tractors by small farmers. Then the tractors are sold, many of them get to the USA. Most have low hours. Parts are available for these used tractors.

This is my D1600 Mitsubishi. Bought it with a brush hog for $3,000. It has a 2 cylinder diesel engine that makes about 18 horsepower. As a comparison a Ford 8N makes about 27 horsepower. Bought this tractor nearly five years ago with 444 hours on it. So far i have bought a water pump and bearings for one front wheel. Thislittle machinehas nine speeds forward and three in reverse and is tougher than a rock. It weighs about 1,800 pounds.

Good luck on your search for a tractor.

Old 09-08-2007, 03:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

A 2N Ford was manufactured in 1942 if that gives you any idea how old it is.. Also it has pto that needs an overriding shaft for any hook up kor a mower will push that tractor forward when the clutch is pushed in , about $80. I f I were you I would find something else....
Old 09-11-2007, 03:02 PM

i liek that lil mitsu posted above... I was thinking about looking at a sator also which i think had a mitsu motor. it was priced at 2k at a tractor dealer

Old 09-23-2007, 04:53 PM
Spike

i bought a 38 hp 1992 long at a city auction here for $1500, put in 5 galons of hydraulic fluid and it works perfectly..seems the city did some work to it and the pto wouldnt work, probably cause it has a hydraulic clutch, but it works great

Quick Reply: Tractor

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.