Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Tractor

Old 09-24-2007, 02:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tractor

I have a Ford 9n (1939) and a Shibaura (Japanese compact tractor) I like them both. You cant' go wrong with these old ford tractors they were built tolast. I see them all over the place when out in the country. You will never have a problem getting parts for them either. While the prices may vary depending on condition they do hold their value well. You could use it for years and sell it for what you paid. I love the little shibaura which is diesel and four wheel drive. I had to take it in to the shop with a bad valve a few weeks ago and several custumers want to buy it from me.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:16 PM
Fork Horn

be sure and watch some of the cheaper tractors are top heavy and can be a real problem,also as stated above never use a brush hog without a pto clutch or it will make the tractor keep moving even when you push in the clutch
Old 10-11-2007, 11:07 PM

just a thought, i bought a new john deere 50 hp tractor and four attachment, yea it was costly, but doing side job's bushhog, drive ways leveling, locals garden tilling, and mostly, hunters spring and fall food plots. i might have to come out of my pocket $50 a month for the payment. be careful buying some else's junk. good luck.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

"be sure and watch some of the cheaper tractors are top heavy and can be a real problem,also as stated above never use a brush hog without a pto clutch or it will make the tractor keep moving even when you push in the clutch"

They are narrow. Reversed the wheels on the Mitsubishi in the picture and it now stands about 5 inches wider. i'm going tomake a roll bar for that tractor this winter.