Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

What else can I plant?? no lime yet

Old 08-30-2007, 11:22 PM

Default What else can I plant?? no lime yet

OK, Heres the situation, Ive got several plot on my property, and have always planted winter wheat and winter rye, and did ok with it, and have experimented around with Biologic and Imperial Whitetail, with limited success, and I know why.. We have been having some logging done, and the plan was to have it logged by mid summer and get lime trucks to the plots and have them ready,, long story short, hes just now finishing up that area, and I havent gotten to lime yet, and even if I did it is way too late. Im going to do it late this fall or early next spring. Now, I have fairly acidc soil, and want to know if theres anything I can plant other than wheat and rye that the deer will like, and will grow in my soil this year? The acorn crop is almost nothing, and I need some good food to draw and hold deer. Thanks for anything you can advise.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:04 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What else can I plant?? no lime yet

i'd just stick with something you know is going to work, the rye or the wheat. although you could try sowing some wild oats for a change.