Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

anyone try antlerkings honey hole

Old 08-25-2007, 12:21 AM

Default anyone try antlerkings honey hole

has anybody tryed antlerkings honey hole food plot seed and did work good for you
Old 08-26-2007, 08:05 PM

Default RE: anyone try antlerkings honey hole

anybody
Old 09-01-2007, 04:02 PM

Default RE: anyone try antlerkings honey hole

I created a small hunting spot and planted the Antler King Honey Hole blend in the middle of July. First time for this location, put down pellet lime & fert as well. When I checked on it 3 weeks later, I did have growth about 4-6" high. Gets plenty of sun light. Checking on the plot soon, just waiting for rain since I also want to add some Urea to give it a boost for bow season.

I've used Biologic Maximum and WTI Winter Greens with GREAT success. Planted more WTI this year, held off with Biologic to give Anterking a try.

Next year I'm going to try my own little experiment on a 1 acre plot useing 4 different brands to see if I notice any difference at all ( Except price you see,)

Maximum vs Winter Greens vs Shot Plot vs Antlerking, going to make 4 strips and we'll see what the deer prefer. Will also use 4 different utlization cages accross each plot in a straight line to assist in comparison results. May not be sciencific, but will answer my curiosity.