Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Suggestions for ATV Sprayer

Old 05-25-2007, 08:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Suggestions for ATV Sprayer

Good Idea on the barrel NC. I fill mine from the gutter of my barn. I ave the 26 gal. boomless sprayer and I love it. The only problem is I don;t know exactly where my spray pattern ends, so I have to pay close attention to make sure I don't miss any spots when spraying a large are. Otherwise, it is a great item and a real asset to making a quality plot.
Old 05-26-2007, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Try adding a spray tracker / indicator dye to your tank mix. I've used a Lesco product for years. It's water soluble and non-toxic. It makes the spray pattern / coverage easily visible.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:13 AM
Fork Horn

NC-
with the Strap on the ATV model, have you had issues w/ the the liquid splashing out the top on you as you ride?

Thanks again!

Old 05-30-2007, 11:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

No...but I always fill about 4 inches below the top so that won't happen...The top does have a small vent hole in it, and I have seen this happen on others, it's not much, I just didn't want to get Roundup on me as I drove...I have even taken a shop rag and used a small bungee to cover the screw on top as well....
Old 05-31-2007, 05:14 PM

I have the same model.....going on 4 HARD years of use with zero problems.....but I also bought the ATV 10' Boom kit for more precise applications on fields. I still use the boomless kit, especially for the atv trails and tight spots.

Instead of buying barrels, I simply use a couple of clean 120qt Ice-chests and fill them with water in the back of the pickup. When I need to re-fill, I transfer the water using a 5 gallon bucket.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:48 AM
Fork Horn

I ended up getting the pull behind 16 gallon model from Northern. My dad tried it out this weekend and he said it was great! He said the only issue he had w/ it was that the it was empty pretty fast. but other than that itwas great.
Thanks again for the great input from everyone! Much appreciated!!