Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Big plot project!

Old 05-10-2007, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Big plot project!

Good luck with the plot. I enjoy the development pix and look forward to seeing what it looks like once it's planted. What are the actual dimensions of the plot in yards?
Old 05-12-2007, 09:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks guys, I call this a big plot because its the biggest to date for me! I really enjoy working the land and planting all the trees!

IL-Cornfed, I forgot to get the actual size of the "big" plot. I will get the dimensions once I go back up in 2 weeks! I would have to say once its all planted by fall it will be close to 3/4 of an acre or so I'm itching to get this planted, but I need to be patient because of the late frost we get up there! I'm hoping to try out some RR Soybeans from eagle seed co! We'll see! Otherwise I have a farmer I can get some from up north!

Joe b!

Old 05-21-2007, 09:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Alright, I just got my RR Soybeans that Brad from eagleseed.com was kind enough to let me try out!!! I'll be headed up to the cabin Thursday morning and putting all my seed in the ground! I can't wait to get back up there! Things should be all greened up! I'll be sure to take more pics as well!
Old 05-28-2007, 05:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Big plot project! Updated 5/28...

Well I finally got to put my seed in the ground! Alot of work but should be good. We got rain 2 hours after I got the Soybeans in the ground! Hopefully well get more soon! The left side is the only part with seed, the right side is waiting for Rye in the fall! I broadcast the beans then lightly disced it in! I'm pretty happy with the results!

Old 05-28-2007, 05:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

This plot is at the south end of my big plot. If you look at the above picture you can see the brush pile and this plot is on the other side of the pile in a swell! I planted Rivers Run in this. I tried a small patch last fall and got excellent results! Rivers Run has clovers, chicory, sugar beets and Rape. This spot had rye in for the past 2 years so the weed are hopefully under control!

Old 05-28-2007, 05:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

This area has been worked up for about 10 years, we always planted in here. I just really started getting serious with the plot last spring. If you look at 2 pictures up this is located where the pines and hardwoods meet! The left is Biologic Premium Perennial that really took off this spring. The middle is Rye that I'll let go to seed then disc it in so it comes back this fall! The right is Tecamote Pea Patch with some Corn mixed in around the edges as well as Pumpkins!

Old 05-28-2007, 06:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Another look at the Biologic. You can also see where I worked the edges with the tiller and put in Pumpkins, Radish, Gords and Watermellons!

Old 05-28-2007, 06:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

A closer look at the Biologic Premium Perennial!

Old 05-28-2007, 06:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

...an even closer look at the Biologic! I'm VERY happy with the results! I'm just looking forward to the first frost!

Old 05-28-2007, 06:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: IL-Cornfed

Good luck with the plot. I enjoy the development pix and look forward to seeing what it looks like once it's planted. What are the actual dimensions of the plot in yards?
IL, I figured the yardage at 27 yards wide X 95 yards in length! Is there a way to figure out the size in acres, I'm thinking 3/4 of an acre, any ideas??

Quick Reply: Big plot project!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.