HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Wildlife Management / Food Plots (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/wildlife-management-food-plots-11/)
-   -   bio logic throw and go (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/wildlife-management-food-plots/181613-bio-logic-throw-go.html)

charlydia 02-21-2007 05:43 PM

bio logic throw and go

is there anyone familiar with the biologic throw and go no till forage, if so would you recommend it? I appreciate ya'lls time.

wisbowhunter2009 02-22-2007 06:18 AM

RE: bio logic throw and go

Well i bought some last year and it sucked. But we also had a very dry summer/fall up in northern wisconsin so that could be part of why i never got anything. I only got like a inch or so of some clover and then it all dried up.

req 02-22-2007 07:01 AM

I have a lease in northern Fla. my ph is 6.5 I disked, fertilize we applied biologic nothing happened. Ithink it stinks.
I just planted buck forage oats but I need to go back up to the property and see the results. I live in Miami.

Tigerfan 02-22-2007 07:53 AM

Test your soil, get the ph right and plant accordingly. Biologic is a good product and has been proven to provide plenty of food for wildlife. I am not familiar with what you are going to plant but I am familiar with Biologic and it is a good product.

I have a lease in northern Fla. my ph is 6.5 I disked, fertilize we applied biologic nothing happened. Ithink it stinks.
I just planted buck forage oats
I planted buck forage oats last year in several different places. One spot didn't come up at all, not one blade. I limed every area and had plenty of rain. You may have it in a place that will not grow a decent plot. The one that I had that didn't grow was one of those places. I am going with this again this year but am preparing to go with biologic Bio Maxx next spring. I have to lime 2 tons per acre to get my ph right for planting. I will do this this summer and by the spring the soil should be just right to plant the biomaxx. We have several plots planted in Bio Logig and they produce big deer every year. Also remember that you need to do something more than just one year for it to produce deer, most of the time. Prime example is a pea plot that we did. The first year they hardly touched it, like they had know clue what it was. The second it was literally nuked, there was notthing but stems left an inch above the ground. An entire 1 acre plot nuked. That's a lot of eating. So if you don't see results the first year try it again the next to see if it is truly working.

Texas Hog Hunter 02-23-2007 10:54 AM

Our neighbor planted 37 acres of Biologic last year, and he said that would be the last time he did that. He applied 3000 lbs of fertilzer and limed as well. I haven't heard of anyone having good luck with the no-till seed.