Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Wildlife Management / Food Plots
logging road food plots in new england >

logging road food plots in new england

Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

logging road food plots in new england

Old 12-31-2010, 11:19 AM
Spike

Default logging road food plots in new england

I have been planting whitetail institutes no plow on a couple logging roads for 2 years now. I have been using no plow because there's only 4 hours of sun per day. Are there any other suggestions? It doesn't grow great and I would obviously like to see more deer. I would like to plant this spring, if I can find the right product.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:56 PM
Typical Buck

sunlight is your friend. Also check your ph of the soil along the road. being new england its probably about 4.5 to 5.0. you need to bring that up to 6.5 or 7.0

if you can release some of the trees to let in some more sunlight. just get a compass and try to release the south east/west exposure and lime and throw some 5-10-10 down. it will work wonders.