Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Moutrie Phantom Quiet feeder?

Old 01-12-2007, 06:38 AM

Default Moutrie Phantom Quiet feeder?

Has anyone tried this feeder yet? Was just curious on how well they hold up and work.

Moutrie Phantom Quiet Feeder

[/align][/align][/align]

[*]Feed is trickled quietly by a waterwheel dispenser[*]Adjustable photocell timer[*]Feed silently without scaring game[*]Uses 6-volt battery (not included)
Old 01-12-2007, 09:10 AM

Default RE: Moutrie Phantom Quiet feeder?

That's wierd, I always thought the deer came running to the feeder, because of the noise it makes when corn is being thrown. I think most deer get trained to that sound. I honestly can't say I've ever seen a whole lot of deer leave, and not come back by the feeder going off. They usually briefly spook and then return. Believe me our deer know exactly what the noise is coming from the feeder...its a dinner bell.

I would like to see some kind of stats, or better reasoning behind this type of feeder. Maybe its just the next gimmick??
Old 01-12-2007, 11:28 AM

ORIGINAL: Texas Hog Hunter

Believe me our deer know exactly what the noise is coming from the feeder...its a dinner bell.
That is why I would like to set up this style of feeder, hopefully it would not alter there patterns much, not sure though if they could still pattern it after time.
Old 01-13-2007, 03:07 PM
Fork Horn

The deer that hit the corn at a feeder on our place are scared to death of the feeder. They crouch down low and ease in to eat the corn. It doesn't bother the turkeys though...they come running in when they hear that sound.

ORIGINAL: Texas Hog Hunter

That's wierd, I always thought the deer came running to the feeder, because of the noise it makes when corn is being thrown. I think most deer get trained to that sound. I honestly can't say I've ever seen a whole lot of deer leave, and not come back by the feeder going off. They usually briefly spook and then return. Believe me our deer know exactly what the noise is coming from the feeder...its a dinner bell.

I would like to see some kind of stats, or better reasoning behind this type of feeder. Maybe its just the next gimmick??