Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Designer wildlife food plot seeds vs generic

Old 01-13-2007, 10:15 PM

Default RE: Designer wildlife food plot seeds vs generic

Thanks for the replies and posts. I actually grew up on a ranch and was not much of a farmer. But now I have a ranch with "hay ground" on it. We put in 45 acres of new alfalfa this year (god only knows if it will survive the winter). We planted 8 acres of corn this year. Looking at that 8 acres being peas and oats this year. They the new breaking about 5 acres of corn, and I am thinking sanfoin for some more experiment. Clover will find its way into some of this as well.

We have lots of wild clover, but it gets pretty stocky and rank by the end of August.

this is the first place I have visited where there is actually a board for food plots.

Thanks. Keep the good ideas and observations coming.