Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Mossy Oak Biologic

Old 01-07-2007, 03:52 PM

Default Mossy Oak Biologic

I was wanting to plant some sort ofa food plot and was thinking of using the biologic and wondering when to plant it. I am also open to other suggestions other than biologic if anyone has ideas. This will be my first attempt at a food plot so any advice is appreciated.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:02 PM

Default RE: Mossy Oak Biologic

it will tell you on the back of the bags when is the best time to plant

ive had great luck with Imperial Whitetail Clover
Old 01-08-2007, 03:37 PM

Find out what grows good in your area. Don't just go with Biologic because they do alot of advertising. Go to a local feed/seed store and find out what'll grow well in your area. There are alot of alternatives to super expensive, over promoted deer seeds that may or may not work well. My neighbor to the south of me planted 37 acres of Biologic, and put $3000 worth of fertilizer on it, and said that he would never do it again.
[align=left] [/align]
Old 01-08-2007, 07:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

Has anybody on here ever had "GREAT" luck with Biologic? I don't remember a lot of positive post about the stuff. We tried it a few years ago.......one time.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:28 PM

a friend of mine planted some biologic....said it done "so-so" bit i dont know how well tehy prepared the soil etc

Old 01-09-2007, 11:12 AM

I can tell you right now, that Biologic and all that other sutff is crazy, if your deer or fenced inn they will eatif thats all they got, but you can't beat clay pea's, soybeans, and rye grass. My brother in law works for a fertizlizer and seed company and he told me i was wasting my money. So this year we planted our food plot, about 3 acres. Half of it in clay peas, soy beans, and rye grass mixed together, and the other half in biologic LAB LAB, we also did the soil test since that is what he does, and he added fertilizer and other stuff that he said it needed, i leave that part to him. The deer mowed down the clay peas side but barely touched the LAB LAB, it grew really well and looked beuatiful, but while hunting I would see up too 10 deer in the food plot, they would walk right through the lab lab and straight to the side with clay peas,ryegrass, and soybeans. The lab lab grew so thick and tall that the deer were bedding down in it. That's my exp and my opinion. I shot 3 does, and cull buck, and a nice 8 point out of this food plot and each one of them were eating the clay peae, soy beans and rye grass side.

THis is my opinion...
Old 01-11-2007, 01:34 AM

Biologic has spent a lot of money on marcketing to sell their stuff in the big box . I only planted 90 lbs this past fall so Im guilty . I think i have 50 pounds in my tool box left over . I dont find many seed choices for all seasons in the texoma area. Id like to say it didnt work but id be lying.I just dont plant it the way the they say it needs to be planted .I tripple up on seed and prepair the seed bed hot with plenty fertalizer. Hope this helps
Old 01-11-2007, 10:57 AM

There's no deer in the Morgantown area anyway
Old 01-11-2007, 01:41 PM

ORIGINAL: jhalfhill

There's no deer in the Morgantown area anyway
Ha!...i know better than that...lol.ive seen the trail cam pics to prove it
Old 01-12-2007, 07:58 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: jasonshawn2005

The deer mowed down the clay peas side but barely touched the LAB LAB, it grew really well and looked beuatiful, but while hunting I would see up too 10 deer in the food plot, they would walk right through the lab lab and straight to the side with clay peas,ryegrass, and soybeans. The lab lab grew so thick and tall that the deer were bedding down in it.
Providing bedding and easily available snacking right next to it . Gentlemen , we're in the presence of genius ...

Quick Reply: Mossy Oak Biologic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.