Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Wildlife Management / Food Plots
 I have a purchase agreement for 40 acres! >

I have a purchase agreement for 40 acres!

Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

I have a purchase agreement for 40 acres!

Old 11-09-2006, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I have a purchase agreement for 40 acres!

Well, about 8 years ago I told my wife I wanted hunting land before I turned 35. Well, I'm 33 now and I have a signed purchase agreement for 40 acres. The land is 1 hour 10 minutes from my house which is better than I thought I would get since I live in the Minneapolis metro area. I thought I would be 3-4 hours away.

The land is all wooded (oaks over 16" were logged off 5 years ago, but you can barely tell - plenty of oaks left). it's part of a woods that is several thousand acres in size with no houses!! I'll be where it narrows down and funnels to several large fields. So, I'm hoping it's a good funnel. The land owner pulled a camera while I was out there and there were several nice buck pics from the previous couple days.

I can't wait to get started improving the land. I tentatively have a spot picked out for next years plot. CAN'T WAIT!!! I'll be looking to you all for some advice this spring.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:42 PM

Default RE: I have a purchase agreement for 40 acres!

Way to go! It will become a blessing and an obsession. I wish you the best.
Old 11-10-2006, 06:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

Land is by far the best investment you can make. I don't think I have ever seen anybody lose money in a sensible land investment, and as in your case the land can serve your hunting needs as long as you want.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:15 PM
Dominant Buck

Congratulations ! Two years ago I bought a ten acre patch of woods with an existing home , and it's the best $100K I've ever spent . Tomorrow I'll walk exactly 50 yards to my favorite hunting spot for the final weekend of our early bow season loving every minute of it . [8D]
Old 11-10-2006, 10:57 PM
Fork Horn

Great! If you ever have any questions on management, feel free to shoot me a line atany time. Ireally familiar with the timber different habitattypes up there.I'll do my best to answer them as best I can!
Old 11-13-2006, 07:27 AM
Typical Buck

I think your gonna' love hunting on your own property. Congratulations on a wise decision and achievment of one of your life's goals.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:28 PM

Congrats! I know the feeling as the wife and I bought 44.4 acres with a small house and pond this past summer here in GA. my dream come true!

Firsthunt on the new placesaw 6 does. Second morningwatched a 6and got a nice 10 pt.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:39 PM
Fork Horn

Hey usfwc, what website are you talking about?
Old 11-15-2006, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats RACK.......
I live by Perham,go to cabelas in rogers when I get the chance(on the way to a twins game or now vikings game)...I just looked at 40 acres by Henning Mn.all lowland with railroad on north side and hwy 210 on the west side.Its all heavy brush few trees and Bow only(its in city limits)they only want 25 grand for it...anyway thought the price was to good to be true.....I wouldnt give him 5 grand for it.....
Still looking tho....God only made so much land...and it going up in price all the time....
I live on a lake and trying to talk the wife into selling(house is payed off)and buying about40-80 acres with a home on it....or a farmsted....or a home on a couple acres and buying some other land....
All I can do is try,just try.....maybe she will come around and sell....
Old 11-15-2006, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks all! I cannot express how badly I've wanted hunting land,I really can't, so I'm not even going to try .

ranger56528 I know the EXACT parcel of land you are talking about!!! That is so funny. I even talked to the realtor about it too. You're right it's right outside of town - south part of town if I remember right!

My parents have a cabin on Star Lake up in your neck of the woods. So, I spend a lot of time every summer in Perham.I had been searching for land primarily in Ottertail County but it'stoo expensiveand their isn't many wooded 40's. It's kind of funny that land is more expensive in Ottertail county 3 hours away from the twin cities than where I bought mine (15 minutes north of Mora - 70 minutes north of Rogers).

Good luck in your search - Staples/Motley even seems cheaper than your area ?????????

By the way, you have it pretty dang good living on a lake up there. As far as I'm concerned the Perham/Ottertail county area has some of the best fishing in the state. Especially panfish!

Quick Reply: I have a purchase agreement for 40 acres!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.