Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Wildlife Management / Food Plots
 Minnesotans (or anyone else)  How do you find land to buy? >

Minnesotans (or anyone else) How do you find land to buy?

Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Minnesotans (or anyone else) How do you find land to buy?

Old 08-14-2006, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Minnesotans (or anyone else) How do you find land to buy?

Probably sounds like a dumb question (and a little off topic), but what is the best way to find land to buy from a private party. I don't want to go through a realtor. I've been looking (but not very hard) for land for the past few years. My budget is around 50k but I have no idea how to find it. I look in as many papers as I can find and that has only lead to a couple decent pieces of land that didn't end up working out. is there a website that I don't know about? Please don't tell me I have to go to every small town coffee shop in central/northern/western minnesota and look at the 'for sale' boards. that just might take me a while.

Any help would be appreciated!
Old 08-18-2006, 05:41 PM

Default RE: Minnesotans (or anyone else) How do you find land to buy?

Here is a site to check out. It is the Farm service Agency. http://www.resales.usda.gov/,
This site provides a national list of all inventory farms that are available for sale by the Farm Service Agency. Most properties were acquired by the FSA through mortgage defaults. and you may find some good buys. The FSA may even finance some of the porperties.
If you find something that looks interesting, go to your local FSA office for more information on the property. This could be a good advantage as a Realtor will want a commission on the property and this might skip this extra cost. I hope this helps.
Russ Otten

Old 08-28-2006, 03:23 PM

I searched for 3 to 5 years on OHIO before I bought. The best route I took was contacting a realtor in each area of the state I was interested in. I told them what I wanted and let the leads come in. You can't cover enough ground on your own. The seller pays the fees anyway. That way you are exposed to the most and best properties available. You can pick and choose the ones you want to see. I did that for about a year and found exactly what I wanted.
Old 08-28-2006, 04:08 PM
Typical Buck

Check your state's ag website. Some of them have a classifed section where you can look for "For Sale"and post "Land Wanted" ads. Also http://www.resales.usda.gov/sfhdirect/propertyco.cfm?StateAbbreviation=MN
Old 08-29-2006, 10:24 AM
Dominant Buck

Check the classified section in the local paper of the area that you're interested in , I've never seen one that didn't have a real estate section .
Old 08-29-2006, 01:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Don't know why you don't want to talk to a realtor, that's the business they are in and it doesn't cost anything to talk.
Old 09-04-2006, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

thanks all!I was just looking for more options. It just seems like i'm missing something; like maybe a popular web site where people list their own land for sale. still haven't found anything yet.

Nothing against realtors, i've talked to quite a few already. They just haven't came up with anything. I think my hopes are realistic, they just never seem to know of any land.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:22 PM

Realtors are a dime a dozen...realtors who understand hunting land are hard to come by. There are some really good realtors in some areas of the country that specialize inhunting land, unfortunatly, I'm not aware of any in MN. Good luck with your search. I'm sure you will enjoy your purchase for the rest of your life.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:44 PM

RackLuster
About 10 years ago, we had a guy from Edina Realty help us find a piece of land in Pine county that was just what we were looking for. He is still working there, as far as I can tell. If I remember right, he gave us a bunch of leads and was pretty good w/ follow up. I would give him a try if I were you. Let me know if you are interested and I'll give you the info I have for him.
It is at least worth a try.

Old 09-25-2006, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have you tried searching the MLS website on the internet?

Dan O.

Quick Reply: Minnesotans (or anyone else) How do you find land to buy?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.