Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Food Plot Pics

Old 06-02-2006, 07:09 PM
Typical Buck

Default Food Plot Pics

I planted 12 food plots this year, all of them relatively small (0.1 to 2.0 A). Here are some pics of some of the plots, both newandold, that I took 1 June.

Sunflowers (2adjacent 1-acre fields, both treated with Tecomate Exploder, one with Plot Saver) - expect to have a great dove shoot come Sept.

I put Plot Saver on the one field after deer started to browseitfairly heavily (note the gaps in the rows - maybe the deer favoredsunflowers because of our dry spell (?)):

Here is one of the corn fields (0.6A) I planted near an edge that deer frequent - sprayed with round up the previous day. Those are Dustan Chinese-American chestnuts I planted in ~'97 along the right edge:

I planted several fields with a (homemade) mix of delar small burnet/puna chicory/durana clover, this field is in a power line (~1A):

Here is a close up of the mix:

Here is a 3-yr old plot (0.6A) of kura clover in full bloom with another small corn field (1A),bicolor lespedeza strip, winter wheat (1A), and appleorchardin the (distant) background:

Here are some of the 41 apple trees in my orchard that I planted in 1993(adjacent to a winter wheat field):

Lots of work, but lots of "fun", as most of you already know.

-fsh
Old 06-02-2006, 09:27 PM

Default RE: Food Plot Pics

By the looks of those pics you are a lucky man and your work shows how happy you should be!! The apple orchard looks to me like it would be a hot spot, do the deer hit it hard when the apples start to fall?
Old 06-03-2006, 03:47 AM
Typical Buck

The apple orchard is not a hunting"hot spot", as it is just over 100 yds away from myhouse and gets disturbed too much. The deer browse the leaves all summer and get the apples in the fall, usually after dark.
-fsh

Old 06-03-2006, 07:39 AM

Real Nice!
Old 06-03-2006, 08:57 AM
Dominant Buck

Real good pictures and Congrat's on your hard work, they all look great!
Old 06-03-2006, 02:03 PM

very nice!!!!! what do you guys recommend for small plots close together. i want to plant for management. we don't have a big area to plant. we do plant the power lines also. i was leaning more toward lablab. i live in louisiana.
Old 06-03-2006, 09:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Niceplots - and I like the Apples especially too, even if its not a hunting plot.

The clover too looks especially good

FH
Old 06-04-2006, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks great. How many acres in total are you cultivating?

Dan O.
Old 06-04-2006, 08:42 PM
Fork Horn

Wow does that ever look good!
Old 06-06-2006, 07:34 AM
Typical Buck

Great photos. Your deer must be putting on some weight with all those options!

Quick Reply: Food Plot Pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.