Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

passing bucks

Old 02-09-2006, 03:45 PM

Default RE: passing bucks

I will shoot any buck with a rack on state land because I no if a don't some one will
i love this statment, because if you really want a nice buck you wouldn't care what joe bob down the hollor shoots. its like saying you would date the fat ugly girl because if you don't the next guy will who cares what the next guy dose its not you
Old 02-09-2006, 04:22 PM

ORIGINAL: killer243
its like saying you would date the fat ugly girl because if you don't the next guy will who cares what the next guy dose its not you
Yes, but imagine that that (size and appearance challenged) girl is the probably the only girl you'll see for a year! Maybe two! [:@]

Then you'd have an accurate picture of what it's like hunting public ground ,or areas of the country not as prime as yours, for a lot of folks.

Actually it's not a fair comparison, while you have to check a deer in, nobody's gotta know about the girl right?
Old 02-09-2006, 05:13 PM
Fork Horn

I would much rather wait to shoot a big buck than to kill a small one because after you kill your buck you are done.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:33 PM

i love this statment, because if you really want a nice buck you wouldn't care what joe bob down the hollor shoots.

Then what is all the QDM fuss about??............go tell all those guys that if they really want a nice buck they shouldn't care what anyone else shoots. They missed that part of the seminar

its like saying you would date the fat ugly girl because if you don't the next guy will
It's not like that at all.

who cares what the next guy dose its not you
I agree.........no one should push their way of hunting on anyone else.

Old 02-09-2006, 05:35 PM

ORIGINAL: stoneman

I don't understand people who say "I'll shoot a small buck because there aren't many buck around" or "If I don't someone else will".

I passed on several small 8s this year

That is exactly why you don't understand.
Old 02-09-2006, 06:39 PM

ORIGINAL: atlasman

ORIGINAL: stoneman

I don't understand people who say "I'll shoot a small buck because there aren't many buck around" or "If I don't someone else will".

I passed on several small 8s this year

That is exactly why you don't understand.
Had I not passed on some 6s and 4s LAST year, I wouldn't have seen the small 8s this year...do YOU understand? I shoulda shot the little ones, and then complained there's no big ones around...that makes sense.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:01 PM

trembow- i understandwhatyour saying, just wondering what state are you from? if you get off the beaten path and scout i see no reason why you can't shoot nice bucks off public land. i have personally seen some of my biggest bucks on public land. if have that few deer on the land i would try looking elsewhere or talk to land owners. when i look for public land i don't look for open areas though, if its 2,000 acres of open woods i keep driving, because deer seem to take the biggest beating in those areas, where thick cover gives deer the upper edge on the hunterswho don't do there scouting.

to be 100% honest i don't care if you or anyone for that matter shoot small bucks,i justget a little frustrated whenguys don't scout then shootthe first buck they seeand complain about notseeing large bucks. shoot whatever makes you happy and enjoy the meat
Old 02-09-2006, 07:07 PM

i love this statment, because if you really want a nice buck you wouldn't care what joe bob down the hollor shoots.

Then what is all the QDM fuss about??............go tell all those guys that if they really want a nice buck they shouldn't care what anyone else shoots. They missed that part of the seminar
i think we got our signels mixed up, what i am tring to say is if your on public land and want a nice buck don't settle for a little one because you worry that someone else would shoot him. joe down the the way should have no effect over what sizeaniamal you take
(did i make it clear or is it still unclear what i am tring to say?)
Old 02-09-2006, 07:10 PM
Typical Buck

I don't usually get to hunt where there are big bucks. Still, I've passed on more bucks than I care to think about. Some were decent and afterwards I thought maybe I should have taken some but I really have no regrets. I have never thought I just needed to kill a buck no matter what. I can take does and help the ratio and be just fine.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:13 PM

to be 100% honest i don't care if you or anyone for that matter shoot small bucks,i justget a little frustrated whenguys don't scout then shootthe first buck they seeand complain about notseeing large bucks. shoot whatever makes you happy and enjoy the meat
That what I was also trying to say...sorry if I came across differently guys...it's YOUR tag.

Quick Reply: passing bucks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.