Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Best electric deer feeder

Old 02-06-2006, 04:08 PM

Default Best electric deer feeder

Anyone have an opinion on which feeder unit is the best for the money. Also what about the solar power boards that keep the battery charged? I currently use the Cabelas brand feeder units on my own barrels with no solar. Thanks.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:59 PM

Default RE: Best electric deer feeder

I have several , 11 all together,all are moltrie. the econo feeder is the cheapest one motrie has($29.00 at wally world).I have 5 of those and 3 of the 5 are 6 and 7 years old. pretty good for the money.they have came out with a new model(a round one) that I like even better, same price.
a battery will last all year long.just depends on what you like.the econo only runs at dawn and dusk,non programable.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:09 AM
Typical Buck

I make my own feeders and attach a New Day timer, see... http://www.outdoorsuperstore.com/store/products/productDisplay~manufacturer~Game+Country~model~New +Day.htm

Finished feeder at ... http://www.racksnspurs.com/images/feeder.jpg

It feeds at dawn & dusk.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I Have an American Hunter tripod feeder. I really like it. I think they sell for around $100. It holds about 200 lbs. of corn. The thing I like about it is, the 6 volt battery lasts a long, long time. I've had my feeder over 3 years and am only on my second battery. Its just an Energizer, not a rechargable. It has a 6 volt that only powers the broadcaster. It has one AA that powers the clock. I usually only have mine throwing corn once or twice a day. { that might be why the battery lasts so long} You can set it to throw 24 times a day, if you want. I like it. Check one out. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Old 02-08-2006, 08:37 PM
Fork Horn

Go with American Hunter. Good quality, great design, and low cost.
Old 02-09-2006, 06:47 PM
Fork Horn

The best one I've tried and had lasting success. Sweeney Feeders
I have three Sweeney fish feeders, the oldest is almost 20 years old. My father put it up when he bought a cabin on a pond. It's been in the same place since.

The other Sweeneys are tripod deer feeders and are over 10 years old.

There is no way anything could be a better value. They're a little more but they last and don't tear up like the Moultrie did after just2 years.

POP
Old 02-24-2006, 12:04 AM

I totaly agree on the Sweeney feeders I have 34 of them running and they are awsome. Some of these feeders are 10 to 15 years old and are still working great. Best of all Sweeney has a great asortment of feeders depending on what type you want. I would strongly recomend them. Their phone number is 1 800 443 4244, you can call them for a catalog, or visit their site.

http://www.sweeneyfeeders.com/cgi-bin/sf/index.html
Old 02-24-2006, 04:46 PM

I will never be able to argue that Sweeney is one of the elite
feeders on the market. However, my budget doesn't quite
run that high. Try Fieldprofeeders.com and mainly the audio
link timer/feeder part of the unit. These things are built like a
tank, have several different models, and their customer service
is incredible.

I found these feeders by pure luck at a hunting show in Texas
years ago and have been using them every since. The reason I
bought my first one. The only 55 gallon feeder at the entire
show that I could afford. Been hooked on the quality every since.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:59 PM

I like American Hunter. I have also tried Moultrie. Had some problems w/ it and tried A.Hunter and have had no problems.

Not saying anything bad about Moultrie- they did stand behind their product and replaced it.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:50 PM
Fork Horn

My granpa made a feeder out of a piece of pvc pipe and it works great. Get a piece of pipe(6 in works best)cot a V in the bottom and set in on a piece of 2x6 and put corn in it. Make sure you put a cap on the top of the pipe so the weather doen't get in it.

Quick Reply: Best electric deer feeder

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.