Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Foodplot Blog

Old 02-01-2006, 09:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Foodplot Blog

Hey all -

I don't know if you all have had much experience with BLOGS - but for kicks - I thought I'd startmy own Blog tonight - maybe it could be a good resource to post and store food plot information - I don't know - but I thought I'd at least get it started to see if it can work.

you can access it at : http://foodplot.blogspot.com/

FYI - I'm not selling anything - or "advertising" - just want your opinions on what might make a foodplot blog a "good idea".

For now - save the link to your favorites - maybe it can be something new to build upon?? Maybe you can help? Let me know what you guys think?

FH
Old 02-02-2006, 07:33 AM

Default RE: Foodplot Blog

Sounds like a good idea to me. You can put down how to create a food plot from soil testing to liming to selecting seed, fertilizing, etc. What types are better for some areas. Perennials vs. annuals. Protein content and what it means. Types of food plots for deer, turkey, dove, pheasant, etc.
Old 02-02-2006, 04:36 PM

Sounds cool to me.
Old 02-02-2006, 05:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Looks like gold to me.

P.S.: You might I.D. the plants in the picture. I recognize the corn, but not sure about the other.
Old 02-03-2006, 09:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for theinput- Its kind of coming together for me -

I've spent a little time learning how to post on a blog - and edit the information. I like that I can archive what I've posted and save it for me and others to reference at a later date. You can also search the site - for specific information if you don't know when something was posted.

This way,if I'm ready to plant 2 acres in clover - I can go back to see how many lbs of K I put down last May for example. Or if I'm posting on Hunting Net - about something I covered on the Blog at some other time- I can reference the URL - rather than re-post the information.

Hope it works out - Check in on it once and a while - the link will be at the bottom of my posts - to see what you think -Feel free to comment on the site.

FH
Old 02-07-2006, 11:31 AM
Fork Horn

Farm hunter, Great idea last year was my first year planting food plots and look forward to all the information i can get. My propert is in Suquehanna county, Penna. & is @15 miles from the New York border. I look forward to find out how everyone limes there property & where they get & what equipment they use.