Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Hunting Property Suggestions

Old 01-23-2006, 07:21 PM

Default Hunting Property Suggestions

Here is an aerial / topo overlay of the farm I purchased in Western Kentucky. I would like some suggestions on what to plant in thefood plots and any otherideas you might have (e.g., stand locations, etc.). Since buying the 142 acres, I have built thelake (approximately 2.5 acres) and began eradicatingfescue. I have limed most of the fields (extremely low pH of 4.6 - 4.8)and planted winter wheat & oats in fields 3, 4 and 5 (all have done extremely well). I have over 75 existing / maturepersimmon trees which I released. I am planning to plant 50 Sargent crabapples, 25 American plum,25 chicksaw plum, 10 Chinese Chestnut and 10 Sawtooth oaks inMarch. Additionally, the property has lots of mature white, black and red oaks. I have cleared out most of the sanctuary areas in order to allow growth (honey suckle, briars, etc.) to occur.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:26 PM

Default RE: Hunting Property Suggestions

thats kinda hard to follow....looks like a topo