Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Purina Mills Deer Chow

Old 12-12-2005, 07:13 PM

Default Purina Mills Deer Chow

Anyone have any information or experience with this stuff? Giving some serious thought to buying some for some supplemental feeding to hold our deer over for the winter,as our food plots got destroyed by the neighbors cattle and all the other neighbors plowed up their corn. just something to keep our deer big and healthy so they get some good antler growth right away instead of wasting energy recovering from the winter.

ds37
Old 12-12-2005, 10:52 PM

Default RE: Purina Mills Deer Chow

Ive used Purina pellets with captive deer. I felt it was a good product, but for my deer, I chose to go back to using a grain mix/formula. For use with wild deer, in feeders and broadcasters, the pelleted feed is a good idea, as it doesnt clog up, and birds dont hit it so hard. You can get Purina with their water shield feature too, so the pellets dont break down in wet weather.