Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Anyone use DR field and brush mower

Old 08-27-2005, 09:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Anyone use DR field and brush mower

Am thinking of buying the DR or Swisher model. I have some CRP in pines with lots of box alders coming up. The mower would get betweeen the rows where larger equipement will not fit.Also thought it would come in handy for making paths to stands and creating deer trails. Do they work as well as they advertise?Any thoughts comments appreciated............dabow
Old 08-28-2005, 07:12 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Anyone use DR field and brush mower

Yup. I helped a friend last weekend who has one. We cleared an old logging road to make another road/path to his cabin. This was a 15 hp version, electric start, very easy to use.

I just used it to mow 1 acre of buckwheat/grass/weeds, 4-6 feet high. I want to diskup the field to plant a Winterwheat / clover plot next weekend.
Old 08-28-2005, 08:41 AM
Fork Horn

I would love to have one of those things! Would it be cheaper to get a DR mower or one of pull type mowers that you use with an atv or lawn mower?
Either way I can't afford any of it
Old 08-28-2005, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

The smaller DR is about 1300. Swisher has one a 9 hp at the local flleet farm for 1 thousand.. As far as pull behind I don't currently have anything to pull it with........dabow