Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

electric fence

Old 06-19-2005, 07:41 PM

Default electric fence

I have food plots that the deer eat before the plot can mature. I am looking for a solar/battery operated that i can put in the field to charge by the sun and never have to bring it in. I just need the solar charger b/c i have a electric fence that i have hooked up t an outlet for my garden but the plot is to far away for a extention cord. so i can use the fencing off of it. What do yall susgest . i am looking at flemming out doors. take a look.
Old 06-19-2005, 10:16 PM
Spike

Default RE: electric fence

I used Plot Saver and it worked great for me as long as you didnt get a lot of rain.I had to reapply repellant every 3 weeks if it rained a lot.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:36 AM

Default RE: electric fence

I am certainly not an expert in this area,but sounds like you have a 110 vt. fencer. There is no way cheap that you can run it off of a 12 vt. battery that I know of. You would need some sort of converter between the battery and the fencer to switch it from ac to dc. You can buy fencers that run off of 12 vt. batteries as you probablyknow. With the solar attachment they will run in the neighborhood of $150 give or take $50 bucks or sodepending on the model you choose.