Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

I Just Helped a fawn

Old 05-09-2005, 10:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default I Just Helped a fawn

I was driving down my country road and seen a real young fawn trying to get up a bank. He was so young when he was standing along the road he was shaking and falling down. I looked around seen no doe or evidence one was hit. He could only get half way up the bank in to the woods.he kept rolling down. So not wanting to touch it. When he got half way up i used a stick and put it under his butt and pushed him over the top ledge, he got up and whobbled off in to thicket. Hopefully there is a momma around. I hope I did the right thing. You always have a erge to bring them home. Hope the yotes dont get him. Quess he wondered to close to the bank edge.thats what happens in the country when it is in a greedy develoment push. God help the Fawn please
Old 05-09-2005, 10:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I Just Helped a fawn

Cardeer, I probably would have done the same thing. Although, I would have just picked him up and set him on top. Touching the fawns doesn't actually harm them as many people beleive. The mother will come and get them right away. We used to pick fawns out of the fields as we cut them and set them by the woods. Five minutes after we set them there the doe would come down and take them away. My neighbor also raises them and handles them on a routine basis. The only thing you have to really worry about is catching a hoof in the face
Old 05-09-2005, 12:30 PM

Kudos to you cardeer. I hope he grows to be a big strong buck (did you check for hardwear?) and give you an opportunity to bag him.

Wouldn't it have been funny if it were a baby lama instead?
Old 05-10-2005, 10:46 AM

Thats an awsome experience!!!
Old 05-10-2005, 03:08 PM

VERY COOL!!
Old 05-10-2005, 04:20 PM

I just hope that his momma, if like a bird, doesn't smell your scent and abandon him!1
Old 05-10-2005, 08:02 PM

Your a tru outdoorsman! Hats off to ya!
Old 05-11-2005, 12:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well done cardeer!
Old 05-11-2005, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: cwtaylor89

I just hope that his momma, if like a bird, doesn't smell your scent and abandon him!1

This isn't true for either one. Just a myth to keep people from touching baby wild animals.
Old 05-11-2005, 02:23 PM

Even big bad hunters have soft spots!

Quick Reply: I Just Helped a fawn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.