Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 $428 for a deer license in iowa now >

$428 for a deer license in iowa now

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

$428 for a deer license in iowa now

Old 04-29-2005, 08:42 AM

Default $428 for a deer license in iowa now

iowa is raising the prices again.

De Moines, IA - The Iowa Senate approved a bill last week that aims to reduce the state's white-tailed population by as many as 135,000 animals next year.
Sen. Dennis Black's (D-IA) Senate Bill 206 seeks to reduce Iowa's burgeoning deer population primarily by increasing the number of free deer hunting licenses for resident landowners and tenants. However, other provisions of the bill include:
* Increasing the state's general nonresident hunting license fee from $80 to $100. In addition, a nonresident hunter who buys an any-sex deer license would also be required to purchase an additional antlerless deer license for $100.
* Creating a $1 deer hunting license surcharge. The additional money, expected to total $355,000 a year, would be used to expand a program in which meat processors are paid to process donated venison for prisons and food pantries.
The bill would not increase the number of nonresident deer permits Iowa makes available. It would, however, remove the state's cap on antlerless tags,

so basically they're making you pay for a license that you probably wont use. i'd be happy if they kept the price the same and just made it earn a buck. but this is just terrible. maybe all the states should make deer licenses for iowa residents the same that they make us pay?
Old 04-29-2005, 08:56 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: $428 for a deer license in iowa now

simple economics. supply & demand.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:30 AM

we own alot of land in iowa, we pay taxes to the state of iowa. how come we dont even get a break on the license or prefence in the drawing? its nuts. the iowa dnr is just a cash cow that is more interestd in making money than it is in its deer herd. how is forcing NR's to buy a license they wont even use close to being fair? i'd shoota doe if they gave me the tag free. i dont want to buy 100 dollars to shoot a baldie. we pour thousands of dollars into our land for deer imanagement and we can't even hunt them. i have a 30% chance of getting a bow license to hunt my own land. The iowa bowhunters assoc. has been given complete and utter control to use it's "they're stealing our land" argument against us non-residents who completely fund their DNR. im all for a reciprocity rule, where they would have to pay as much to hunt here as we do there.

slayer
Old 04-29-2005, 03:17 PM
Typical Buck

I hear ya Slayer.. I am going to have to give up a state or two with these rediculas prices.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

we own alot of land in iowa, we pay taxes to the state of iowa. how come we dont even get a break on the license
A rip off ,get a PO box in the post office in Iowa. Then a Id card like the Amish do.they dont have drivers licenses for Id . I held a PO box in Osage Iowa for years
Old 04-29-2005, 05:51 PM

oh i've thought of the many ways to sidestep the law. however, the DNR over there from some reason has something for us. i mean, we hunt safe and dont break game laws, but every deer season, they are trying to find opened gates into our land to try and pinch us for something. the risks of doing anything are too high.

It sickens me to see the iowa bowhunters assoc. control the DNR the way that they do. Not only that, but they OWN the legislature. They are humanoids with basic arguments. They scream "The NR's are stealing our land!" and that got alot of people's feathers ruffled, thinking that the 8000 Nonresidents were buying up all the ground in iowa. they wont raise taxes or raise resident fees. instead, they raise NR fees. we generate almost all of the DNR's revenue from hunting sales. Its quickly becoming a rich man's place to hunt in iowa. the IBA complains that nonresidents try to commercialize the sport too much, but look at them, trying to make money at the same time. Who's worse?

slayer
Old 04-29-2005, 07:13 PM
Fork Horn

Get yourself a PO box have a bill sent there and bingo you are a resident.
Old 04-29-2005, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bet I know one thing easier than killing a deer---your regression into your old crack habit
Old 05-01-2005, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like they are just following ILLINOIS. Our tags will be $435. It is certainly turning into a rich mans game. [:'(]
Old 05-01-2005, 01:34 PM

they certainly are. i think you'll see alot less applicants for tags in iowa and IL this year becaues of the sky high prices. i know we'll still put in for iowa, just because we put too much into our land not to apply, but theres more than a few guys i know that probably will be looking to just stay put in Wisconsin. the iowa bowhunters association has got everyone's knickers in a knot about NR's this last year with their land buying argument.somehow NR's are buying up all the land in iowa and all that BS. i know we had a job in illinois on 1300 acres in pike county, that land was bought for deer hunting between some affluent guys in illinois. hell, that was almost 15 years ago, can't imagine what its like down there now.

slayer

Quick Reply: $428 for a deer license in iowa now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.